Recipe Ahron Gropper´s Falafel (Pha La Phel & Ta´amiya)

@morning glory @The Late Night Gourmet @Cinisajoy

Salted Water: I have never read anything about not salting the wáter for the beans to be soaked overnight .. However, I do not know anyone who does not here in The Mediterranean ..

Chick Peas for example on a very slow slow low low flame take approx .. 1 Hour and 1 / 2 in a stock pot .. White beans ( Alubias or Cannelli ) 2 hours.

1 / 2 hour - in a Pressure Cooker Express Pot.

My error: Not 3 hours. 1 hour & 1 / 2 ..
What type of beans do you have over there?
Here if you use salted water to soak specifically pinto beans, you wind up with something tougher than boot leather. I don't know about other dried beans.

I see you are talking about lighter beans as opposed to heavy beans.

@Cinisajoy

LENTEJASIMG-20170629-WA0000.jpg

USER=1652]@Cinisajoy[/USER]

Our designations for beans are predominately located in The North Central Interior Region of Castille Leon, Tolosa, Navarre & Asturias ..
The majority of the age old production include:
1) Chick Peas
2) Alubias Blancas ( A White Bean ) .. I can provide a Latin Scientific Name surely.
3) Large White Pochas ( Asturian ) - The most highly esteemed in the country.
4) Fava Bean ( Green ) Most are imported from Italy. And sold in Health Food Shops.
5) Rose Alubia
6) Lentils ( require much shorter cooking time ) - Salamanca ..
7) La Judia Pinta ( The Pinto Bean ) - The Basque Country ..
8) La Judia Negra ( The Black Bean )

Http://www.foodswinesfromspain.com/spanishfoodwine/global/products/recipes/products/4446380

There are a broad class of beans and dishes in each of the autonomous regions or old term, provinces.

La Judia Pinta or the Pinto Bean, is produced in The Basque Country and what makes them distinct is the color pattern, the "pinto" ..

However, here we have classes of beans or legumes. I buy most of my beans in a Linen Bags or I buy them from an oak barrel .. which are Natural ..

There are beans in Plastic bags and then, there are beans sold at the Central Markets, which are stored in Oak Barrels ..

Each región of Spain is veered towards the beans that they grow and like ..

I am a fan of Green lentils and I like the White Pochas and the White Alubia and Chick Peas.

However, on occasion I have Rose Beans ( red wine color ) and I have Black or Pinto occasionally, for lunch out .. Cubans, Domenicans and Brazilians are very fond of black beans .. The Brazilians have a famous dish called Fe jo a da .. I had it when I was in Lisbon last week ..

So, you can Take a look at this website in English ..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom