All Things Picnic!

Yes..I've seen it around here, too..I found the big opening weird to drink out of..You couldn't get that satisfying "glug glug" that comes with drinking a beer out of a bottle..lol:cheers:

Same thing with those aluminum bottles. Opening is too big..

Back in HS/College, the appeal of Mickey's Big Mouth beer was the price. Dirt cheap. Maximum BPD (Buzz Per Dollar).

A "mickey" bottle here is 375ML (pint). Spirits here are all sold in metric measures, as odd as that may sound.

"Mickey" is not a commonly used term for bottle size in the US, as it is also American slang for a date rape drug slipped into your date's drink.

CD

Back in HS/College, the appeal of Mickey's Big Mouth beer was the price. Dirt cheap. Maximum BPD (Buzz Per Dollar).

A "mickey" bottle here is 375ML (pint). Spirits here are all sold in metric measures, as odd as that may sound.

"Mickey" is not a commonly used term for bottle size in the US, as it is also American slang for a date rape drug slipped into your date's drink.

CD
Note to self. When in the US never ask to buy a mickey in a party store.

This is what I mean when I say I obsess over picnics:

IMG_5631.jpeg

Off to make the chicken salad…

I have not been on a picnic in years. I miss picnics.
Holiday?
Conversation Friday
G: WHat do you want to do for the holiday?
Me: What holiday?
G: Labor Day.
Me: We are retired; every day is a holiday.

That was me being a smarty pants.
Not very nice. A picnic in the park would be lovely if it were not 99 F with a triple digit heat index.
MDH is easy to please. I can put together a charcuterie board and pinwheel sandwiches with a crisp white wine and have an indoor picnic.

I have not been on a picnic in years. I miss picnics.
Holiday?
Conversation Friday
G: WHat do you want to do for the holiday?
Me: What holiday?
G: Labor Day.
Me: We are retired; every day is a holiday.

That was me being a smarty pants.
Not very nice. A picnic in the park would be lovely if it were not 99 F with a triple digit heat index.
MDH is easy to please. I can put together a charcuterie board and pinwheel sandwiches with a crisp white wine and have an indoor picnic.

The number of days that it is comfortable for a picnic are limited down South.

CD

Back
Top Bottom