All Things Picnic!

Cucumber salad done, onward with the fruit salad:

IMG_5638.jpeg

Ok, time for some pics!

We went to Magee Park, maybe 25 minutes from us. I drive by here frequently on my Saturdays out farting around, so it’s been of my list of potential picnic spots:

IMG_5643.jpeg

IMG_5644.jpeg

Then we started with drinks (bourbon, lime juice, maple syrup, and club soda):
IMG_5645.jpeg

Then some food:
IMG_6998.jpeg

IMG_6999.jpeg

IMG_5652.jpeg

Those are wasps. Were there nests above you in the shelter?

CD
Wasps…bees…yellow jackets…waspers…hornets - they’re all bees to me. They don’t bother me much.

I didn’t bother to look up, but we were under a shelter, so could have been. 🤷‍♂️

BTW, I learned that trick of putting a little something out for flying bugs from a fellow in The Land of Picnics. They all hoard around that and leave you alone, for the most part.

Wasps…bees…yellow jackets…waspers…hornets - they’re all bees to me. They don’t bother me much.

I didn’t bother to look up, but we were under a shelter, so could have been. 🤷‍♂️

BTW, I learned that trick of putting a little something out for flying bugs from a fellow in The Land of Picnics. They all hoard around that and leave you alone, for the most part.

Those campground and park shelters are notorious for having wasp nests, unless the park actually puts the effort into removing them.

CD

Those campground and park shelters are notorious for having wasp nests, unless the park actually puts the effort into removing them.

CD
By the time we left, there had to have been a good dozen on each little tray of fruit we sat out. They were even fighting with each other

Back
Top Bottom