At what temperature do you feel most comfortable?

Lynne,
I would like to extend an invitation for you to visit anytime between November and February. I promise to send you back north before fall.
We had family in FL. Used to visit during school break - July. Orlando in July is not only hot, but humid.

Our son went to Arizona State University in Phoenix. We moved him out there twice...in August. And moved him from San Bernardino one July. I KNOW what dry heat is like. It's hot enough to literally melt the rear-view mirror off of the front windshield. (We found it in our console.) At least it's a "dry heat". :rolleyes: I know you get a lot of sand with your heat. Ah, but have you ever rushed back to a building to beat out a haboob? Fun, isn't it?

Thanks muchly for the invite, but I think I'll pass. :wink:

With that last bit in mind, I wonder how many others have the same problem, without realising what the cause is?
It took me ages to realize that being in a hot environment triggered my angry side. Once you realize the connection, you can manage how you react to it. It's not a perfect system, since I can still snap anyone's head off at the smallest provocation when it's hot, but at least those around me know better by now! My heat=trigger connection is why we insisted on converting the baseboard hot-water heating system in our house to ducted forced air with a central air conditioning system. It was new construction, the builder and both real estate agents would get a bump in their commissions, and they ALL were trying to talk us out of it. :scratchhead:We won.

We had family in FL. Used to visit during school break - July. Orlando in July is not only hot, but humid.

Our son went to Arizona State University in Phoenix. We moved him out there twice...in August. And moved him from San Bernardino one July. I KNOW what dry heat is like. It's hot enough to literally melt the rear-view mirror off of the front windshield. (We found it in our console.) At least it's a "dry heat". :rolleyes: I know you get a lot of sand with your heat. Ah, but have you ever rushed back to a building to beat out a haboob? Fun, isn't it?

Thanks muchly for the invite, but I think I'll pass. :wink:
Why I specified between November and February. I do not want to see you down here in the spring, summer or fall. I invited you for a winter visit.

Oh, well then I guess I should have ignored the last part of the sentence that said "I promise to send you back north before fall." "February", "fall"...I got confused. :o_o:

Fall should read spring. No wonder you got confused. I confused my seasons.
even here that is still Summer!

Right now, something a touch warmer than my feet would be nice!
Woke up to an extensive frost. the sheltered veranda temp was -4C which is nothing, but at 3am this morning I had already lost water to frozen pipes (outside of the house). I know if I actually had a thermometer in a less sheltered spot we would have a more accurate idea on the real temperature... But I remembered to pay the slow combustion stove a visit and spotted it would benefit from being topped up (actually it was more like I would benefit from it but... ordinarily it would have been fine and not needed topping up, but I'm still having to play it safe with the chicks and having lost water so early in the night, I knew it was going to be a cold one. Needless to say the chooks, not chicks, devoured their extra protein ration in seconds this morning. They had a treat (an AUD 99cent tin of tuna in springwater which is a good protein boost for them) and that along with the porridge oats got has made them happy again. Both lots of water were frozen for them as well... their indoor water surprised me. that's a first the water in the chook house actually freezing despite me closing all the doors (something I don't often do unless it is forecast to be below -2C.

One thing caught me off guard this morning though and I should have been more careful - with all other water sources being frozen outside, a full sized adult 'roo (male and not the chicken type roo either) was at the pond trying to drink from it. That is about 3m from the door I walked out of without looking at the world first. Normally I check as I leave the pathway to see what is around and if I need to be really careful or make a noise to scare the roos or wallabies away.... 3m from a full sized adult male roo is tooooooo close. They can kill with a single kick and I wasn't looking...Tonight is due to be just as cold, so I need to be more careful in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom