Avocado leaves

ChanellG

Guru
Local time
5:13 PM
Last night I was chatting with a friend who said she was going to try and sell some of her bay leaf. After, she sent me a text with two photos on Facebook and one was a bag of avocado leaves. I asked what on earth you'd do with those and she said you make a cleansing tea. I looked it up and lo and behold, there's widespread use of avocado leaves.

Apparently though it makes a difference which type of avocado your leaves come from. Anyone here have any experience with this?

In my mother country avocado is one kind of fruit that is always in season. And I grew up and saw my grandparents and parents boiling avocado leaves to make a tea. Because they said that it had good health benefits and had cleansing properties that is why they are drinking this kind of natural tea. It is good for stomach problems, for colds and coughs, for removing intestinal parasites, for kidney cleansing and for menstrual discomfort and other ailments. They regularly incorporate this cleansing tea in their diet. This only means that avocado leaves can do wonders for our health.

There are several avocado trees in our village and one is just around the corner. There are fruits now because this is the season of avocado. But with the leaves, I guess it is bitter although I don't know about the efficacy or the curative effects. Now, if you believe in those leaves, there are plenty more leaves here that are curative, that is according to alternative medicine advocates like the leaves of the soursup which combats diabetes and the star apple leaves which is good for diarrhea.

Now, if you believe in those leaves, there are plenty more leaves here that are curative, that is according to alternative medicine advocates like the leaves of the soursup which combats diabetes and the star apple leaves which is good for diarrhea.

I have never heard of avocado leaves being of any health benefit, but it is true that the leaves of most fruit trees have been found to have a curative effect for many ailments including hypertension, diabetes, and influenza, to name a few.

We are into avocado season here now, and this is one of my favourite fruits. I used to think of it as a vegetable though, and always treated it that way. If the leaves are known for having such a cleansing effect when boiled as a tea, then it would be worth trying.

I have never heard about that but am going to try it out. I have many avocado trees in my garden. If it works then I will have to sell some and make money. Avocado fruits have been used in the production of many food and beauty products. It is now that we are learning the many applications.

In my mother country avocado is one kind of fruit that is always in season. And I grew up and saw my grandparents and parents boiling avocado leaves to make a tea. Because they said that it had good health benefits and had cleansing properties that is why they are drinking this kind of natural tea. It is good for stomach problems, for colds and coughs, for removing intestinal parasites, for kidney cleansing and for menstrual discomfort and other ailments. They regularly incorporate this cleansing tea in their diet. This only means that avocado leaves can do wonders for our health.

Did either your grandparents or your parents grow their own avocado trees? I have been thinking of getting one, and I actually have a plant that grew from a pit in my compost. People say you can't get fruit from a pit grown plant, but a few persons have claimed that you can. I just wonder if the leaves of this plant would have the same benefit.

There are several avocado trees in our village and one is just around the corner. There are fruits now because this is the season of avocado. But with the leaves, I guess it is bitter although I don't know about the efficacy or the curative effects. Now, if you believe in those leaves, there are plenty more leaves here that are curative, that is according to alternative medicine advocates like the leaves of the soursup which combats diabetes and the star apple leaves which is good for diarrhea.

I am big on herbs and medicinal foods and plants and I had never heard of avocado leaves having any benefit until now. I am fascinated at the idea of something like avocado leaves that no one would ever think about (at least around here) as something of value. With the bad eating habits that so many people have these days, it's good to know of the digestive tract benefits of avocado leaves.

I am big on herbs and medicinal foods and plants and I had never heard of avocado leaves having any benefit until now. I am fascinated at the idea of something like avocado leaves that no one would ever think about (at least around here) as something of value. With the bad eating habits that so many people have these days, it's good to know of the digestive tract benefits of avocado leaves.

Herbalists are trying to discover the health benefits of almost all leaves of trees and plants. They say that nature have given us everything we need. It's just that we have abused the privilege like eating excessively. For every malady like toothache or stomach ache up to diseases like flu or even cancer, herbalists have an answer. But unfortunately, those answers are now found in food supplements that they sell in the mall.

I have never heard of avocado leaves being of any health benefit, but it is true that the leaves of most fruit trees have been found to have a curative effect for many ailments including hypertension, diabetes, and influenza, to name a few.

We are into avocado season here now, and this is one of my favourite fruits. I used to think of it as a vegetable though, and always treated it that way. If the leaves are known for having such a cleansing effect when boiled as a tea, then it would be worth trying.

I love eating avocados and they can be pricey so I would love to grow my own. I know that the leaves of lime trees are used in cooking, but what other leaves of fruit trees hold some benefit? I have a Meyer lemon tree now and I can't wait until harvest time. It would be awesome if the leaves were also useful in some way.

I have never heard about that but am going to try it out. I have many avocado trees in my garden. If it works then I will have to sell some and make money. Avocado fruits have been used in the production of many food and beauty products. It is now that we are learning the many applications.

If I had my own avocado tree I would use the fruit on my skin and my hair, but because they can cost $1 or more to buy I never use them for anything other than eating. (I have one waiting for me in the fridge now!) If I had an abundance of them I think I would condition my hair quite often with them. For now I just enjoy eating them as often as I can get them.

I had never heard of it before - I don't live somewhere where avocado is all that common, and as a result it's pretty pricey! It's a shame because I adore avocado and now I'm pretty curious about the leaves side of things!

It's so easy to grow a plant from the pit of an avocado that I'm thinking of starting another one just for the leaves. Someone had given me a Meyer lemon rooted cutting, but after a few years and it not setting flowers I got tired of waiting and bought one. I still keep the original one as butterfly larvae food so if I find that the plant grown from a pit has the same benefit as one that sets fruit, I might start more avocado plants.

Herbalists are trying to discover the health benefits of almost all leaves of trees and plants. They say that nature have given us everything we need. It's just that we have abused the privilege like eating excessively. For every malady like toothache or stomach ache up to diseases like flu or even cancer, herbalists have an answer. But unfortunately, those answers are now found in food supplements that they sell in the mall.

LOL, very true! Unfortunately, some of the properties of the plants that are beneficial can not be obtained by consuming leaves or fruits. Sometimes there are compounds in a plant that make it not so healthy so we have to rely on a supplement to get the benefit. I'm just glad there are so many things in the world that are safe to consume that are very healthy for us!

It's so easy to grow a plant from the pit of an avocado that I'm thinking of starting another one just for the leaves. Someone had given me a Meyer lemon rooted cutting, but after a few years and it not setting flowers I got tired of waiting and bought one. I still keep the original one as butterfly larvae food so if I find that the plant grown from a pit has the same benefit as one that sets fruit, I might start more avocado plants.

That's good to know! I'll have to research if they need a particular climate or soil type to grow - but perhaps I could give it a try myself!

That's good to know! I'll have to research if they need a particular climate or soil type to grow - but perhaps I could give it a try myself!

You could probably keep it as a house plant. Most people start them by suspending the pit over water with toothpicks. I would imagine they grow anyplace with a warm climate as long is there is no harsh winter that might subject the tree to freezing temperatures. It could also be kept in a greenhouse if you could manage the size.

Back
Top Bottom