Avocado leaves

I was actually wrong about the mango tree. It's a lime tree he wants to get rid of and I sanction that. It's been fighting to grow forever and it hasn't. I already have a lime tree that does well every time. The last set of limes are there now, but that bears fruit very, very well. The trees he has planted just outside of the fenced garden and truthfully, I think it's starting to encroach on my dog's space or mine. I've never thought of growing something like avocado in a container. Since we are on leaves, do you suppose the lime leaves are good for something as well? Perhaps.

Yes, lime leaves are good for something. Kaffir lime leaves are very popular in cooking, though I am not sure about other varieties of limes. We have a kaffir lime tree at work that I have been contemplating. The tree is small enough that it wouldn't take up much space for now and I could keep it in a pot until I decide what to do with it.

Here are a few links that explain about using them:

http://www.epicurious.com/archive/blogs/editor/2011/03/kaffir-lime-leaves.html

http://www.thaitable.com/thai/ingredient/kaffir-lime-leaves

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/lime_leaves

Where do I find an avocado seedling should I plan to grow one in my garden? The leaves are not even sold in the market right? I found one recipe before that uses avocado leaves to wrap the fish I think or something but I did not pursue learning that dish because obviously I do not know where to get the leaves/

Where do I find an avocado seedling should I plan to grow one in my garden? The leaves are not even sold in the market right? I found one recipe before that uses avocado leaves to wrap the fish I think or something but I did not pursue learning that dish because obviously I do not know where to get the leaves/

You just save the pit from an avocado. They are very easy to sprout, I find them growing in my compost all the time. The leaves are sold in some specialty markets. If you want an avocado plant that will bear fruit, you will have to purchase a young tree from a plant nursery.

You just save the pit from an avocado. They are very easy to sprout, I find them growing in my compost all the time. The leaves are sold in some specialty markets. If you want an avocado plant that will bear fruit, you will have to purchase a young tree from a plant nursery.
Seems interesting to grow my own avocado in my small pocket garden. I do hope though that it will survive if I put it in a big planter. I heard about the medicinal properties of boiling the leaves and make it into a tea. It may not have a nice taste to it but the benefits are simply unbelievable.

Seems interesting to grow my own avocado in my small pocket garden. I do hope though that it will survive if I put it in a big planter. I heard about the medicinal properties of boiling the leaves and make it into a tea. It may not have a nice taste to it but the benefits are simply unbelievable.

I don't know what it tastes like, and I honestly hadn't thought about it. I would imagine you could flavor it just like any other tea. I think I would be more likely to use it when making a soup/broth. Unless of course it was bitter, lol. Not much you can do about masking that.

Back
Top Bottom