Been away for a while.

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
9:14 PM
I've been in the hospital for about a week. I was diagnosed with a small brain tumor after having suffer from a massive headaches that was atrociously excruciating! It is said to be benign.

It will have to be removed. I am on medicine for it, but it seems like it has been a roller coaster for me. One thing after the other! I am hoping to be able to get through all this in short fashion.

I've also lost Internet service, which had prevented me from getting online. But I'm back now & plan to be posting a lot! :(:headshake:

I've been in the hospital for about a week. I was diagnosed with a small brain tumor after having suffer from a massive headaches that was atrociously excruciating! It is said to be benign.

Oh my gosh! You poor thing. At least it seems to be benign. I noticed you hadn't been about much here. Anyway, best wishes for a full recovery. :okay:

I'm sorry about your health issues, @Shermie! Too bad your announcement couldn't have been limited to your announcement about no internet. Sending good thoughts your way for successful treatment and a swift recovery. The Boston area has some of the finest hospitals around, as I'm sure you probably know. ~ Take care.

Thanks, everyone!

I go to Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital, if anyone is familiar with that one. They are good! :wink:

What for?! :eek: :headshake:
The short story is that I knew I wasn't very well so went to the docs with my husband. I needed to go in the wheelchair because I didn't have the strength to stand.

Next thing I know it's that I'm being taken to hospital by ambulance. My oxygen stats were at 38% but I didn't know this at the time. My last memory was leaving the doctors surgery. I regained consciousness 24 hrs later coming round in ICU on life support. I'd been taken to the closest hospital on a pressure mask to force air into my lungs when I tried to breath, intubated at that emergency ward, transferred by air ambulance to the main hospital with an ICU department and put straight into isolation.

Cut short, I spent 6 days intubated (life support/respirator) a further 14-16 on oxygen of some form, 12 days in ICU in total and am still in hospital now. I've been in 4 weeks and something... It will be 5 weeks on Wednesday.

When the paramedics took me from the doctors surgery my husband was told I should be dead with those oxygen readings. I was diagnosed with double pneumonia (bacterial) and I'm a severe asthmatic to boot. My husband who got I'll at the same time as me was also diagnosed with bacterial pneumonia but has managed to stay out of hospital however it was nearly 10 days before he was well enough to come and see me in ICU which at times was difficult to explain to the staff who are concerned that I had no visitors.

Back
Top Bottom