Biscuits and Gravy - do you love it or hate it?

What is the difference?
Biscuit mix is the dry ingredients only. Canned biscuits are complete refrigerated biscuits that you just pop open the can and put the biscuits on a baking sheets.
Also you can put biscuit mix in the cabinet. If you leave the biscuits in the can on the cabinet within an hour you will hear an explosion in the kitchen.

Biscuit mix is the dry ingredients only. Canned biscuits are complete refrigerated biscuits that you just pop open the can and put the biscuits on a baking sheets.
Also you can put biscuit mix in the cabinet. If you leave the biscuits in the can on the cabinet within an hour you will hear an explosion in the kitchen.
I understand. We have the canned dough mix here too although they aren't very 'mainstream'. Not a bad product though. The dry mixes for cakes and muffins etc. are also available here. But I tend to think we don't use them as much a you guys do? But how can we know? :scratchhead::happy:

I understand. We have the canned dough mix here too although they aren't very 'mainstream'. Not a bad product though. The dry mixes for cakes and muffins etc. are also available here. But I tend to think we don't use them as much a you guys do? But how can we know? :scratchhead::happy:
Now I see. Canned biscuits are already shaped and cut into the individual biscuits, they also do canned crescent rolls but you have to actually shape them. And cinnamon rolls in the same kind of cans.
These all come in cardboard cans that you peel off the label and insert a spoon tip along the seam and it pops open. "Do I need to make canned biscuits next week?"

You can also buy frozen biscuits and rolls.

The first time I ever heard of this was on this forum and I thought it sounded very weird! First of all, if you are a Brit, you need to realise that the biscuits in question are not the same as UK biscuits (cookies in US). The biscuits are similar to a UK scone. The gravy is a bechamel sauce flavoured with crumbled sausage meat. I have since made it twice (once with chicken for dinner) and I quite like it. I gather it is often served for breakfast.

View attachment 6770
image from - https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/u...biscuits/3140d428-fb73-4e94-9c9b-ad2f3c7497ec
It makes for a delicious, filling meal for me.

We occasionally watch Diners Drive-ins and Dives, various places have done biscuits and gravy and to be honest non have looked appealing, dry bland biscuits drowning in a thick heavy sauce :sick:

Done properly in the home it probably tastes good but I would need to be convinced.

We occasionally watch Diners Drive-ins and Dives, various places have done biscuits and gravy and to be honest non have looked appealing, dry bland biscuits drowning in a thick heavy sauce :sick:

Done properly in the home it probably tastes good but I would need to be convinced.
Done right biscuits are not dry or bland.
Note: I posted a biscuit recipe the other day.

Back
Top Bottom