Blender or Food Processor?

Do you use the blender or food processor more often?

• Blender

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Food Processor

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I use both about the same amount

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • I don't own either

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You must be making a lot of garlic puree at once...
About 150 bulb's worth :p:
We grow garlic on the allotment but it doesn't always store well into the new year. So when we harvest it after letting it dry out for a while, we have a mammoth peeling session and make a garlic paste which we then freeze. Nice and easy garlic for the rest of the year :okay:

I also have a mini-chopper I use for chopping veg if I'm doing more than an onion or two - much easier to clean and store.
The mini chopper I have was bought by my Mum at an Ideal Home Exhibition some time in the late 1950s. It's beginning to show its age now - the plastic is starting to show signs of cracking - but it is still as sharp as ever.

About 150 bulb's worth :p:
We grow garlic on the allotment but it doesn't always store well into the new year. So when we harvest it after letting it dry out for a while, we have a mammoth peeling session and make a garlic paste which we then freeze. Nice and easy garlic for the rest of the year :okay:

There is a wonderful peeling tip I learned recently. I posted about it somewhere. Zap the separated cloves (skin on) on high in microwave for 10 seconds (depends on size of cloves - could be less). The skin literally slips off even without a knife. The garlic clove softens a little but as you are going to blitz it that is all to the good. Try it with a garlic clove to see. It was a Chef in a magazine who gave the tip.

xE310-Black-Rglam-on-Gray-620-x-620_jpg_pagespeed_ic_O7v97ReRbH.jpg

I'm looking for a blender, but it has to be a Vitamix or something similar to it.

There is a wonderful peeling tip I learned recently. I posted about it somewhere. Zap the separated cloves (skin on) on high in microwave for 10 seconds (depends on size of cloves - could be less). The skin literally slips off even without a knife. The garlic clove softens a little but as you are going to blitz it that is all to the good. Try it with a garlic clove to see. It was a Chef in a magazine who gave the tip.
I'll try that one of this year's harvest - sounds easier than the pan of hot water method we used last year.

Great tip! :thankyou:

I had one like that. I called it my whopper chopper. When I got my wonderful Japanese chef knife the whopper chopper was donated to a local charity along with other kitchen gadgets.

I use my Japanese chef knife more than anything. I do use the mandolin for precision slicing - like the eggplant for the previous competition.

Chinese Cleaver.jpg

I like to use my Chinese cleaver almost all of the time, more than the regular French knives, mainly because it is so readily available at a moment's notice!! :wink:

Last edited:
I use my Japanese chef knife more than anything. I do use the mandolin for precision slicing - like the eggplant for the previous competition.

I use a mandolin quite a lot but sometimes its easier to slice by hand. I found that when slicing fennel root for a quiche I made see here. I found that the mandolin just couldn't deal with the odd shapes. We are off topic...

Back
Top Bottom