• Both or either

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
10:50 PM
If you eat breakfast which do you prefer? In many cultures its more common to eat savoury, even spicy, foods for breakfast. In the Western world we eat more cereals, often sweetened or perhaps pancakes with maple syrup or toast with marmalade. What is your choice - or perhaps you like to have both?

I hardly have brekky, but if I do marmalade on toast is a fave. Or eggs on toast. With a tomato juice. Or pineapple juice. Or maybe an omelette. I get a bit of reflux so I'm different to most folks.

Russ

For me it's savoury. I can't seem to cook it here satisfactorily, but I just love masala dosa for breakfast when I've been travelling through India. I genuinely crave it...

Although I'll do sweet on occasion, I much prefer savory. Hash is one of my favorite beds for eggs over top. Andouille sausage gravy and biscuits is another favorite.

Rarely eat breakfast, but it can be either or both - I try to have fruit on the side. Typically, avocado toast (mashed avocado) topped w sliced tomatoes and/or smoked salmon, red onion, sliced radishes on whole wheat toast or pumpernikle bread. Fresh berries or fruit on the side. Or, bagels and cream cheese with sliced Roma tomatoes. Sweet on occasion.

Last edited:
Mostly savoury, but also fresh fruit. Don't like sugary cereals or pancakes for breakfast.

Don't always have breakfast on normal days, usually breakfast is a coffee or four.

Cooked breakfast is usually reserved for hotel stays, although I do sometimes do brunch if I'm off duty on a weekend.

I always have breakfast when I'm on an early shift as I find starting at 04:30 makes me hungry mid morning otherwise, and it helps to keep me alert.
When on shift it is usually cereal, porridge or toast with jam/marmalade.

I can eat savory or I can eat savory with some level of sweet.

If I just eat sugary foods for breakfast, I get dizzy and start walking into walls. Kind of like drinking too much alcohol but without any buzz. I am seriously better off not eating at all if that's my only option.

Both here. I have a low sugar, low salt cereal with a serving of fruit followed by either cooked egg or some sort of salad veg - not tomato - on toast, all rounded off with a cup of tea, usually peppermint.

I don't do pancakes for breakfast or those things that sound more like a dinner than breakfast.

I was going to ask about dosas, but you've answered my question for me morning glory. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom