Recipe & Video Broccoli & Cheddar Soup.

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
1:15 PM

Found this recipe on The Salted Pepper (featured on You Tube). It looked so good that I thought I'd post it here. I'm going to try it soon! Looks DELISH!!!! Note: This soup is made in the Ninja Foodi Hot/Cold Blender, but if you have a Vitamix Blender with the Soup setting, which I have, that'll work fine also!!!! :whistling:

[Mod.Edit: Please note that the forum doesn't allow video recipes (posted as recipe threads) without the written instructions. This recipe is originally from Low Cal & Low Carb Broccoli & Cheese Soup!. I've added the written instructions below (MG)]

Ingredients
2 cups chicken stock
12 ounces cauliflower
[12 ounces broccoli divided in recipe
[4 ounces white cheddar
1 bulb
[½ tsp fine grind sea salt
[¼ tsp black pepper
[3]¼ cup heavy cream
2 ounces yellow cheddar for garnish

Instructions
  • Add 2 cups of chicken stock to the blender. Add in 12 ounces of cauliflower florets and 8 ounces of broccoli florets. The florets should be cut up to between a nickel and quarter size.
  • [Add roasted garlic, salt, pepper and the cubed white cheddar cheese. Put the lid on the blender and pulse a few times to break up the broccoli and cauliflower. Select the smooth soup function
  • [When the time is up, add in the heavy cream and the remaining broccoli florets. Pulse 1-2 times to break up the broccoli florets and heat on high for about 10 minutes. When the broccoli is done to your liking, the soup is ready

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't got a "ninja" like this, but when I cook broccoli, it's no more than five minutes. Might be that the machine cooks as a different temperature.

I haven't got a "ninja" like this, but when I cook broccoli, it's no more than five minutes. Might be that the machine cooks as a different temperature.
In this Ninja, the liquid actually "boils or simmers", whereas in a Vitamix blender & others, the liquid is heated by the friction of the blades. A very high-speed motor spins the blade anywhere from about 25,000 RPM to about 48,000 RPM, so fast that the rapidly spinning blade creates friction to heat the food to a temp of about 150 to 165 degrees, enough to comfortably eat the soup or sauce without it feeling or being cold. This has been one of the high selling points of Vitamix & other brands that have the "soup" settings. Earlier models of the Ninja blenders just couldn't do this because their motors don't spin that fast & the drive mechanisms are made of a cheap plastic, something that would & could melt & break down. :whistling:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom