Butter chicken recipe?

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
8:08 PM
anyone have a good recipe, I've down loaded 2 recipes and I'm about 80% there, minor changes next time. But I was at a Bengali restaurant last week and got to talking to the chef there. He advised me that the secret ingredient was Campbell's tomato soup. I'm going to try it again this week some time.
Do you have a good recipe??? Yorky I'm thinking might know??

Russ

The recipe that I use is here:

Hot Butter Chicken (the images are hotlinked from "photobucket" and have since been removed)

I don't make it much these days as it doesn't freeze well.

With reference to your Campbell's tomato soup, personally I wouldn't use it in this dish. However, I find it excellent for sambal (both prawn and egg).

Last edited:
These are the images (I think):

butter chicken 1 s.jpg

butter chicken 2 s.jpg

butterchicken-3 s.jpg

butterchicken-4 s.jpg

Although the images were on Photobucket so have been deleted. I think these are they:

sambal udang balamic salad.jpg

sambal udang naan.jpg

sambal-peas.jpg

A question @Yorky : do you add the marinade to the sauce, or discard it?

Whatever is "stuck" to the chicken goes in the wok. I then discard any that's left in the bowl.

I'm having it again today. Unfortunately it does not freeze satisfactorily so I have another three portions to eat.

Whatever is "stuck" to the chicken goes in the wok. I then discard any that's left in the bowl.

I'm having it again today. Unfortunately it does not freeze satisfactorily so I have another three portions to eat.
Great, thanks. My wife put the chicken in to marinate last night, so we will be having it later.

Great, thanks. My wife put the chicken in to marinate last night, so we will be having it later.

I hope that you enjoy it. By the way, the "hot" part is controlled by the quantity of chilli powder in the tomatoes so that needs to be adjusted to your taste(s).

This was mine this evening (warmed up with masala potatoes, hard boiled egg and a roti paratha.).

9 s.jpg

I hope that you enjoy it. By the way, the "hot" part is controlled by the quantity of chilli powder in the tomatoes so that needs to be adjusted to your taste(s).
We are both really looking forward to it. I love butter chicken but for years have overlooked it in favour of hotter curries. Hopefully we can ramp up the heat a bit on this one. The marinade smells divine - it will have been marinating for 24 hrs by the time it is cooked tonight. Will put up a photo later.

Back
Top Bottom