Can anyone recommend an immersion blender that can handle celery?

I'm not aware of the kitchenaid site being hacked and can't see anything online about it. Plus my digital Id software hasn't told me I've been hacked, have you?
So far, I haven't been told that I've been hacked. Microsoft Defender will interfere if or when it thinks that a link might lead to a dangerous website. I think sometimes that it might be too sensitive!! Or, if you have certain firewalls in place, it could happen also. It comes up whenever it thinks that something might look suspicious or was hacked. :unsure:

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity do you peel celery before cooking it?

I don't either, but I do know some recipes that say to.

Rhubarb is the same. Occasionally it is stringy and needs peeling. I just snap and pull. If it is stringy, it will pull off, but you can peel it with a veg peeler if you want to. Peas or beans can also be a touch stringy and need it pulling off as well.

Any particular reason for the sudden interest in celery? There are other veg that might be easier to 'get the hang of' (aka eat).

I don't either, but I do know some recipes that say to.

Rhubarb is the same. Occasionally it is stringy and needs peeling. I just snap and pull. If it is stringy, it will pull off, but you can peel it with a veg peeler if you want to. Peas or beans can also be a touch stringy and need it pulling off as well.

Any particular reason for the sudden interest in celery? There are other veg that might be easier to 'get the hang of' (aka eat).
Every week I make a soup that has celery in it. I feel it gives a bit of an almost spicy taste that I really like. However my current immersion blender can't handle the celery. My nutribullet handles it well but it's not supposed to deal with hot foods.

I usually don't. Some do, but I never gave it a 2nd thought. Now if I'm making hot soup in my Vitamix, it won't matter because everything gets pulverized to the point where you don't see or feel it in your mouth anyway. :whistling:
Vitamix A2300 Ascent Series Blender..jpg

Last edited:
I have an immersion or stick blender as well as my Vitamix. The immersion/stick blender is a KitchenAid one and it will certainly handle cooked celery, as would most 'liquidisers' (UK term for lower powdered jug blenders).

This link is to KitchenAid to choose your country. Many years ago, before we quit the UK to go cycling, we had a very cheap liquidiser and a very cheap Phillips stick blender. Both would easily do what you are asking, if the celery is sliced and cooked.

Believe it or not, I think Vitamix now makes an immersion blender. :whistling:

I have an old Cuisinart stick blender, basic model, probably 10 years old at least, and it think it would do fine with celery (I’ve never really noticed, TBH) - looks like the current model is about $50US on Amazon. Would that work for you (assuming it’s available there)?

I have an old Cuisinart stick blender, basic model, probably 10 years old at least, and it think it would do fine with celery (I’ve never really noticed, TBH) - looks like the current model is about $50US on Amazon. Would that work for you (assuming it’s available there)?

I know my Cuisinart food processors are both very good, so if the stick blender is of equal quality, it would be high on my list.

I used to have a stick blender, but it had a power cord, which made it a PITA to use. I wouldn't mind having a cordless one.

CD

It is available here...for 180€ :cry:

Every week I make a soup that has celery in it. I feel it gives a bit of an almost spicy taste that I really like. However my current immersion blender can't handle the celery. My nutribullet handles it well but it's not supposed to deal with hot foods.
Are you holding the stick blender vertical or on an angle? If you hold it at 45° it should be able to get the celery to the blades, but if it is held at 90° (vertically) on the base of the pan, it won't be able to draw the celery into the blade's area.

I'd also be hesitant to peel the celery because that's where a lot of the fibre and vitamins/minerals are in most vegetables (vitamins/minerals in the skin) and with the best will in the world (this isn't a criticism but an observation) your diet isn't packed full of vegetables/fruit from what you show in your photos. I do worry about how little I see in your photos and hope that you eat more veg than you show.

I used to have a stick blender, but it had a power cord, which made it a PITA to use. I wouldn't mind having a cordless one.
KitchenAid now do a cordless model where the battery is interchangeable with other cordless devices they produce. I stumbled across it repeatedly whilst looking for a link for LissaC

They are not that cheap here either.

I found 3 versions available.
  • A 2 speed corded model at €70 ( 1 US $ is roughly 1€ at the moment)
  • A 5 speed corded version at €110
  • A cordless version at €100
Screenshot_20231214_071406_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231214_071426_Chrome.jpg

Those prices are direct from Cuisinart so it should be possible to find them a touch cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom