Can anyone recommend an immersion blender that can handle celery?

I wonder if you are cooking the celery for long enough? It needs to be soft all the way through. Also, are you cutting it into fairly small chunks or slivers
I can only assume that the celery is in bigger sticks rather than chopped. I'm guessing LissaC is using longer whole pieces rather than dicing the celery, but I could be wrong.

LissaC . If you slice the celery vertically down the centre and then do those sticks again down the centre, then group together and slice across, you can easily and quickly dice celery into small pieces. Those diced pieces should easily blend with a stick blender.

I found 3 versions available.
  • A 2 speed corded model at €70 ( 1 US $ is roughly 1€ at the moment)
  • A 5 speed corded version at €110
  • A cordless version at €100
Mine would be that corded 2-speeder. It’s basic, but does the trick.

I think I maybe cooking the celery too large, but since I am cooking it in my soup, and my blender spills all over, it would not be practical to dice it and then fetch the bits from the top.

What I do is cut each celery stalk in half horizontally, boil it until soft, then put it on the immersion blender. My immersion blender is probably 12 years old, and it's a cheap generic brand I got second hand from my father, so it's probably not very strong to start with.

I think I maybe cooking the celery too large, but since I am cooking it in my soup, and my blender spills all over, it would not be practical to dice it and then fetch the bits from the top.

What I do is cut each celery stalk in half horizontally, boil it until soft, then put it on the immersion blender. My immersion blender is probably 12 years old, and it's a cheap generic brand I got second hand from my father, so it's probably not very strong to start with.
It may not be the power that's the issue. If you're not dicing the celery less than say ¾cm³ and the stick blender is old, the blades may simply be too blunt to handle the celery chunks.

Also if it is going everywhere you need to decant half into another pan and reassemble after you've processed both halves.

It may not be the power that's the issue. If you're not dicing the celery less than say ¾cm³ and the stick blender is old, the blades may simply be too blunt to handle the celery chunks.

Also if it is going everywhere you need to decant half into another pan and reassemble after you've processed both halves.
My blender is very messy in general :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom