Can you guess what it is ?

medtran49 same here, my Great grand, Grand and Mom made fresh Corn the same way, butter and cream, YUM!!! I haven't made that in forever ... not sure if our farms here in AZ still have Sweet Corn.
My husband is such a city boy, he saw all the Corn Fields `round where my Mom use to life, tons of dairy cows around... he wanted to go pick some! No dear, that's not for humans 🐄

medtran49 same here, my Great grand, Grand and Mom made fresh Corn the same way, butter and cream, YUM!!! I haven't made that in forever ... not sure if our farms here in AZ still have Sweet Corn.
My husband is such a city boy, he saw all the Corn Fields `round where my Mom use to life, tons of dairy cows around... he wanted to go pick some! No dear, that's not for humans 🐄

North Texas is full of corn fields, but it is all feed corn. I picked an ear, cooked it and took a bite a long time ago. Horrible stuff. Tough as leather and stringy. Definitely not sweet -- almost tasteless.

CD

when field corn stays on the stalk until it drys it is considered feed corn however they also use it to make it to make corn chips and those triangled mexican chips so it is also human food
this reminds me of what happened during the civil war , the union army destroyed the crops in the southern states to try and starve the south into submission but they left the black eyed pea fields untouched thinking that it was animal food not fit for humans , little did they know that the southerners loved black eyed peas

As long as you don't die from it, it’s okay to eat. The survival people tool it to the next level. In our Restaurant we season starches until you can barely taste what it is, as we're going by the trend Mediterranean-levante fused with some local ingredients

Back
Top Bottom