Chill in the Air ? Your fave Soups ?

Stilton and Celery, Stilton and Cauliflower, Stilton and Leek. Basically, anything with Stilton in it.

I had forgotten all about Stilton in soup. How could I? Its such a good combination with vegetables. I make a simple potato and Stilton soup. Also watercress and Stilton. We are lucky to live near the Alresford which is a prime watercress growing area.

Apart from home-made soup I also enjoy the occasional tin of Heinz soup; Tomato and Scotch Broth being my favourites.

I used to love Heinz tomato soup as a kid. Unfortunately it's 2 quid a tin here so doesn't appear much on my weekly menus.

I make so many kinds of soup because they're easy to store and reheat. And, yes, having a warm soup on a cold day is always nice. For warming soups, it's hard to beat Thai Coconut Soup and Hot & Sour Soup. These provide a burn even when they cool down, depending on how spicy you make them.

But, for soups that can be meals, I also make quite a few chowders, stews, and gumbos. My favorite is probably New England Clam Chowder.

Probably the most famous of Thai soups - Tom Yam. This one is tom yam khung (prawn) gai (chicken).

View.

@Yorky & @The Late Night Gourmet

I am a grand fan of The Tom Yum Poh Tag, Fisherman´s Soup with prawns, clams, lemongrass, straw mushrooms, lime juice, squid, leaves of Kaffir lime, Thai chilies, basil and 3 tablesp. of thai fish sauce, I had in Phuket Island ..

Amazingly wonderful ..

I will post the récipe the next time I make it ..

Have a lovely evening Yorky & a great day, The late night Gourmet ..

I make so many kinds of soup because they're easy to store and reheat. And, yes, having a warm soup on a cold day is always nice. For warming soups, it's hard to beat Thai Coconut Soup and Hot & Sour Soup. These provide a burn even when they cool down, depending on how spicy you make them.

But, for soups that can be meals, I also make quite a few chowders, stews, and gumbos. My favorite is probably New England Clam Chowder.

@The Late Night Gourmet,

The only soup I have ever had in Manhattan was their Manhattan Clam Chowder,
which was fabulous.

I have the récipe and on occasion I prepare it from scratch with freshly netted clams ..

Thank you for your feedback and have a lovely day ..

Back
Top Bottom