Cider Time

Discussion in 'Beverages, Drinks and Smoothies' started by sidevalve, Sep 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. sidevalve

sidevalve Senior Member

Well it's that time of year again the apples are weighing down the tree and we are going to try for a cider brew - bought a press this time so here we go folks :hyper::hyper:

Elawin likes this.
  2. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

You have a press? Impressive! I look forward to hearing about the process and results. It would be great to see photos too (no pressure).

Didn't someone else here ask about an apple glut? My mind has gone 'walkies' for the moment but I expect it will come to me.

3. Karen W

Karen W Active Member

Hope your cider is a big success.

I'm ready for a waldorf salad (apples, grapes, walnuts, sour cream or yogurt).

Are you looking for Apple ideas?

4. Shermie

Shermie Über Member

I very seldom drink cider.

5. sidevalve

sidevalve Senior Member

We bought a press [small one] as it was cheap and what else can you do with 40lbs of not very sweet apples [if you like cider] just needed putting together. Soon as the new window is finished in the lounge [current project] it's brewing time :hyper:

morning glory likes this.
  6. Elawin

Elawin Über Member

I haven't made my own cider for about 40 years now. Unfortunately I do not have any apples on my tree this year :meh:

7. sidevalve

sidevalve Senior Member

seems to be a thing this year - my niece who had hundreds of apples last year also has none yet her plum tree is almost collapsing under the weight of fruit - strange :scratchhead:

Elawin likes this.