Coconut Oil in everyday cooking

Coconut oil is now a basic in my kitchen, I use in everything! Ofc you have to like coconut taste to have it daily but I have heard that for those who dont like the coconut aroma they have ome neutral coconut oil now, does anyone know about the process to take the aroma out of the oil?

Coconut oil is now a basic in my kitchen, I use in everything! Ofc you have to like coconut taste to have it daily but I have heard that for those who dont like the coconut aroma they have ome neutral coconut oil now, does anyone know about the process to take the aroma out of the oil?
I still have not picked up this for my kitchen. I keep hearing everyone say how good it is and because I like coconut, it should okay at least for me. I am not sure how it would affect the others but at some point I need to invest in some.

In South of India. coconut oil is chiefly used for cooking. I have eaten food cooked in coconut oil but I don't use it at home. There's a particular smell to coconut oil which is hard for me to bear!

I love coconut oil. I love in a tropical country and we use it for every other meal. It has a strong taste that's right but that makes it good for soups and gamey dishes. Coconut oil is far healthier than using palm or vegetable oil anyway but I get that it's an acquired taste.

I know coconut oil is good for you so I have tried cooking with it. I find it can overpower the taste of things and gives a distinct coconut flavour to the food you are making, which is great if it enhances or goes with the flavours of your dish. When I tried it I used it for frying breaded chicken. My kids really liked the flavour it gave to the meat but my husband found it too overpowering. I have a large container of it that I picked up at Costco. Does anyone know if there is an expiry date on coconut oil? I should get back to using it again.

Back
Top Bottom