Constance Spry

Snails and frogs legs must be pretty bland without chilies on them... :whistling:
I think the French just add loads of garlic! They really don't do chilli except if you count harissa with North African cous-cous which is found in parts of France due to the historical relationship with Morocco. But that isn't French food. The French (and I think, Italians) are very traditional when it comes to cuisine.

I used to love snails with tonnes of garlic butter. We can't get the "edible" ones here. I can't remember ever eating frogs legs but I guess I must have. Then there's puppy dog's tails.............

I used to love snails with tonnes of garlic butter. We can't get the "edible" ones here. I can't remember ever eating frogs legs but I guess I must have. Then there's puppy dog's tails.............
Without the garlic butter I suspect it would be like eating pieces of rubber. Much like mussels which we eat quite often, take away the mariniere or normandie sauce and there would be little left worth bothering with.

Without the garlic butter I suspect it would be like eating pieces of rubber. Much like mussels which we eat quite often, take away the mariniere or normandie sauce and there would be little left worth bothering with.
Not sure I agree with that - I think really good quality fresh mussels can taste delicious on their own.

Back
Top Bottom