Cookingbites Recipe Challenge: Mackerel

That's great! My issue is that I simply can't eat it (I have an intolerance reaction) so I'm relying on other people tasting - plus my understanding of flavour combinations.
Allow me to speak for everybody else on this forum when I say: :eek:

The fact that you’ve been able to concoct these phenomenal dishes that you can’t properly taste is astonishing.

Last edited:
Once again, apologies for the delay in posting a winner. Not only was the decision very difficult, but I have been laid low by man-flu.

Anyway, these are the entries:

Indian Spiced Mackerel Pate with Beetroot Achaar by @morning glory
Oven Baked Mackerel with Beetroot and Tomato Salsa by @Cherry Kirschenbaum
Pasta with Mackerel and Courgettes by @MypinchofItaly
Mackerel fillets with Orange by @MypinchofItaly
Cold smoked Mackerel by @The Late Night Gourmet
Smoked Mackerel Dip by @The Late Night Gourmet
Smoked Mackerel Sushi by @The Late Night Gourmet
Pressure Cooker Mackerel Spinach Risotto by @The Late Night Gourmet
Sandwiches with Griddled Mackerel by @MypinchofItaly
Smoked Mackerel Chowder by @morning glory
Warm Smoked Mackerel Salad with Matki Dal and Pickled Apples by @morning glory
Charred Mackerel with Sumac, Cranberries and Tarragon by @morning glory
Dairy Free Smoked Mackerel Pate by @Herbie

Thank you all for your magnificent efforts with this challenge. All of your entries are worthy of winning, but sadly only one can, and I have gone with @The Late Night Gourmet's Smoked Mackerel Sushi. Special mention also to @morning glory who managed four entries despite being unable to eat mackerel!

Congratulations @The Late Night Gourmet - over to you for the next challenge!

Thank you, @epicuric. This ingredient really inspired me. I didn't realize what a wonderful, versatile challenge fish mackerel was until I jumped into this challenge.

A similarly versatile ingredient is something I was hoping to figure out for the next Challenge. A lot of amazing ingredients have been chosen, but I was surprised one of the most omnipresent ingredients hasn't been picked...until now:

TMBSTK_CookingFats_2017_C12_06_3b-800x450.jpg

So I pick butter, which I'm expanding to include all forms of butter (vegan or otherwise), as well as margarine and lard.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom