2 courgettes, chopped
4 tomatoes, chopped
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
Dried mint, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Salt, to taste
2 flatbreads, kept hot

Method:

1. Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onions, and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes.
2. Add the courgettes, and cook over a low to medium heat for a further 5 minutes, stirring if necessary, until the courgettes just start to soften.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes and the garlic, and cook over a low heat for another 5 minutes.
4. Add the mint, salt, and pepper. Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid, and cook for a few minutes more.
5. Serve hot with the flatbreads.

@Elawin

Reminds me of a sort of Ratouille or Pisto Manchego, however, both have Aubergine (eggplant) .. ( Except no mint in these two classic dishes).

Lovely dish ..

Thank you for posting ..

@Elawin

Reminds me of a sort of Ratouille or Pisto Manchego, however, both have Aubergine (eggplant) .. ( Except no mint in these two classic dishes).

Lovely dish ..

Thank you for posting ..

I was just using up some courgettes that had been in my fridge for a few days and a few very ripe tomatoes. It was your post about aubergines that inspired me. For such a simple dish, the flavour was fantastic. Next time I get some aubergines I shall put one of them in it too, but no mint!

I have quite a few courgettes in my fridge courtesy of a neighbour with an allotment so this could be on the menu soon.

Back
Top Bottom