Recipe Deviled Eggs - How do you create yours ?

I still dress the part!
Bell bottoms and slinky shirts? Mini skirts and GoGo boots? Hot Pants? Long hair and lots of facial hair? I was in high school during the 60's attending a Catholic school so I missed out on a lot of the 60's. My university years were the early 70's. A different vibe. Many Vietnam vets were friends. Horror stories. Big drug scene that I only dabbled in. Too scared to get seriously involved. Good thing. The little bit that I did was more than enough to scare me off from serious stuff.

This récipe hails from a 2002 Magazine called Bon Apetit which I had picked up at the Chicago Airport en route back to Spain after a travel tourism convention .. They are simply superbly splendid ..

Deviled Eggs with Smoked Salmon & Chives ..

24 large hard boiled eggs - peeled & sliced length wise and then halved ..
2 / 3 cup Crème Fraîche ( one can sub sour cream )
1 / 3 cup home made or store bought Mayonnaise
1 / 4 cup fresh chive ribbons
1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
2 tsps. fresh lemon juice
2 / 4 tsp. salt
1 / 2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
A few slices of minced Smoked Salmon
1 dried red horn shaped cayenne chili pepper or red pepper flakes

1 ) Carefully scoop the yolks from the egg halves into a large glass bowl ..
2) Finely chop the 4 egg White halves and add to the bowl.
3) Add the Fraîche to the glass bowl.
4) Now add the mayo, mustard, dried red chili pepper, salt and pepper, lemon juice and chive ribbons snipped very small ..
5) Arrange the rest of the hard boiled whites of the egg sliced in half on a platter or tray.
6) With a stand up mixer if you wish or by hand ( I do by hand ) combine all the ingredients in a glass bowl ..
7) Place in the White halved eggs ..
8) Garnish with a sprinkling of chive and smoked salmon strips ..

Place in refrig covered ..

Serve with assorted crackers of choice .. And a glass of Sparkling White or Rosé Cava or Prosecco .. An elegant Little appetiser ..
Interesting, this is my first time I hear of such. I will give this recipe a try

horse radish deviled eggs No recipe. no measurements :)

20180902_095548.jpg

Back
Top Bottom