Difficult to find ingredients

Farm shop to the North of you, used to sell it. Been a while since I was over that way, so uncertain if they still sell it.

Search for farm shops, with a limit of five miles from the centre of Bolton

Best I can tell you are talking about Spout House Farm shop. I confess I wasn’t aware of it though I do sometimes have occasion to drive quite near to it. It looks worth a visit whatever the case may be. Actually, having done the search there is another one close to my route to work that looks worth a visit. Not sure why I had the idea that farm shops were always elsewhere – I suppose because the only times I have seen them is when I have happened by one, usually in a completely different part of the country. Anyway, many thanks for the tip.

Memories of the village where I was in Greece. They all used to work in the fields from first light and the babies were wrapped in swaddling and left with the kids (and me - that's how come I learnt a lot of basic Greek very quickly:D)
It seems quite cruel!

It seems quite cruel!
My dad was given to his 10 year old sister for her birthday (a few days late) because they couldn't afford a doll. Parents and older siblings worked the cotton fields. Up to about a generation ago and even today, it was very common in big families to let the older children raise the youngers. (Especially the girls raising their younger siblings.) There was a family here that decided to air their clean laundry (show got cancelled when the dirty came out) on TV. There were 14 or 15 kids at the time. The mom openly said as soon as the baby is weaned it goes to the sister next in line for a baby. Needless to say when a cameraman told the three year old to go to his mom, he went to older sister.

My dad was given to his 10 year old sister for her birthday (a few days late) because they couldn't afford a doll.
That made me laugh! I was given a younger brother when I was 8 years old. I remember thinking that he was very red and ugly. I quite like him these days.

That made me laugh! I was given a younger brother when I was 8 years old. I remember thinking that he was very red and ugly. I quite like him these days.
Were you his primary care giver? She was literally given the baby to take care of except for feedings in the first few weeks.

Another good example of a very different kind is rose veal. Again, seen a few different suggestions of things to do with rose veal recently. Supermarkets don’t sell it. Again, the only source I have found is a website, and maybe that is a reasonable source in this case. Is the only alternative to that farmer’s markets or such like? I have even looked for it in a couple of farm shops that I have happened by but didn’t find it.

Morrisons do it!

Do they really! Now, I have a Morrison's in short driving distance. But I'm such a lazy cow that I get most of my shopping delivered! And Morrisons don't do home delivery (at least, not around here).
I found it on their online shopping site, so some of the stores might not do it. I must say I've only been to one Morrisons (near Redhill). It was a while back but I was very impressed by their butchery counter. Unfortunately my daughter has had some bad experiences with the quality of the fresh meat in her local one, though. Our nearest one isn't that local although they do deliver. P.S. Waitrose web site directed me to hand cream :roflmao:

I found it on their online shopping site, so some of the stores might not do it. I must say I've only been to one Morrisons (near Redhill). It was a while back but I was very impressed by their butchery counter. Unfortunately my daughter has had some bad experiences with the quality of the fresh meat in her local one, though. Our nearest one isn't that local although they do deliver. P.S. Waitrose web site directed me to hand cream :roflmao:

I just looked up the rose veal. Its at a good price too. I will have to contact my local Morrisons to see if they do it. I was reading that they are unique amongst supermarkets as they have their own slaughter houses.

Morrisons The Best Rose Veal Liver Typically: 0.375kg
  • 345261011_0_170x170.jpg

Typical price
£3.30
£8.81 per kg

I just looked up the rose veal. Its at a good price too. I will have to contact my local Morrisons to see if they do it. I was reading that they are unique amongst supermarkets as they have their own slaughter houses.

Morrisons The Best Rose Veal Liver Typically: 0.375kg
  • 345261011_0_170x170.jpg

Typical price
£3.30
£8.81 per kg
That would translate to a little less than $4.50 a pound American.
Just checked our veal prices. Converted to GBP, our prices range from £15.87 per kg or $8.97per lb. To £44.20 per kg or $24.97 per pound.
Used a currency converter. And a pounds to kg converter.
Heck your veal is cheaper than our eye of round roasts unless they are on sale.

I've never seen other than pig's liver here (although I'm sure alternatives, except lamb, are available). Fresh pig's liver is currently Bht 135.00/kg ($3.85/£3.00).

Back
Top Bottom