Do you cook on Sundays?

Deeishere111

Veteran
Local time
2:51 PM
I hate to cook on Sundays. But if I must, I try to cook early in the morning before I leave to go out. So when I come back the dinner is ready. My mom use to cook every Sunday and she would get up early before church to get dinner ready. Do you cook on Sundays? If so, do you make easy meals? What do you make that is quick and easy? Lately, if I don’t cook early, we just have whatever is in the fridge.

I hate to cook on Sundays. But if I must, I try to cook early in the morning before I leave to go out. So when I come back the dinner is ready. My mom use to cook every Sunday and she would get up early before church to get dinner ready. Do you cook on Sundays? If so, do you make easy meals? What do you make that is quick and easy? Lately, if I don’t cook early, we just have whatever is in the fridge.
Yes...but not for lunch. Its just an evening meal. But then, I cook every day so its no different. I wouldn't be planning to go anywhere much on a Sunday unless for a walk, so it isn't really an issue.

As opposed to - what ? eating cold / raw - eating every meal out ?
Some people around here don't do anything on Sundays. They either eat "dry" food or eat out.

Also no. On Sundays I cook my lunches for the week since I'm taking classes and I'm rather busy.

I would say that we probably cook more on Saturdays and Sundays, as my husband is home from work. We actually quite enjoy cooking things together - oftentimes on weekends you'll find us looking up recipes that might be fun to try (especially new, more complex things we haven't made before) and then going to the supermarket, getting the ingredients and cooking it together! :)

To me that's the sound of an almost perfect weekend day :)

I try not to cook on Sunday after church. I cook all week for my grandson's, Saturday there is usually enough leftovers in the house that they can fix their own and Sunday their mother takes them out for the day. I have just me to provide for so I get a salad or go out myself.

Sunday is a day that we do the most cooking in our house. In my country, the meal on Sunday has to be special. After church, I come home and get the cooking started. It would usually be either chicken or pork along with some rice and peas and a variety of vegetables. In some households, macaroni pie is also a must on Sundays with some tossed salad as well. The chicken or pork is usually baked, but lately I have been stewing mine. There is no cooking on Mondays since we cook enough on Sundays to last through for Monday.

Yes, I cook on Sundays. Sometimes we go out for dinner on Sunday but generally we eat at home. The usual lunch on Sunday is rajma-rice which is my son's favorite.

It is during the weekend that I should cook special foods where all of us are present in the house. I may say that I am always inspired to cook every Saturday and Sunday because it is our rest days where all of us are free and have all the time to bond and eat together as a family.

Yes, I cook on Sundays. I enjoy cooking during the weekend because I have more time to cook quality dishes, my classes often run late so I never have the time to make the type of meals I prefer to eat. I eat a lot of stirfries/pasta/rice during the week or my boyfriend cooks a lot when I come late. I take the time to make things from scratch and practice new techniques and try new recipes. Last sunday I made my own garlic butter and my own pastry. It was so much fun.

Sunday is usually the say that we cook a big meal. It is the one day that we go all out and cook something that we have been wanting all week. The rest of the week we are busy working so the meal are usually something quick and easy to prepare.

The trick is not to do an all-out extravagant meal. Like what you'd probably do on a big holiday, such as a cookout. I used to do that, but not any more! Too much stressful & exhaustive work from beginning to end!!

Just a meat, starch and a vegetable and maybe a desert. :wink:

Last edited:
On Sundays I tend to make batches of starches... brown rice (with or without vegetables), potatoes or pasta. I try to make enough of one of these to last a couple of days so that meat (or fresh veggies) can be cooked and added quickly to complete the meal. This keeps things simple and relatively hassle-free for my boyfriend, who grabs any two containers out of the refrigerator to take when he goes to work.

Back
Top Bottom