Do you cook on Sundays?

I've started to work on Sunday lunch ,so yes I do cook on Sunday's up to 80 roasts and 40 other meals,
And then I have been entertaining at home in the evening so start again:chef:

If I'm making dinner, then no breakfast gets cooked. Except maybe eggs & toast. :wink:

When my girls were small I would cook big meals on Sunday, the fried chicken or a roast along with vegetables and dessert and bread. Now no one is home to eat the food so it is a waste to cook like that now. I sort miss those days when we would all sit down and eat and talk. I have tried to have family Sunday dinner at least once a month but that has not gone over too well, everyone is busy or lazy, it is their day off and they want to rest.

Sunday is just a regular day for me, so yes, I cook on Sundays. Some people that have a regular job, probably cook the most on Sundays so they can get some of the food together that they will need throughout the week. It is a day to get caught up on things they don't necessarily have time to do during the week. I think cooking on SUndays is something that most people have to do.

Saturdays and Sundays are reserved for special dishes in our house. Yes, we cook good food when we are at home on weekends. This is the reason why some relatives want themselves to be invited for a weekend chat because they know that we have delicious meals. They especially love our pork sinigang - pork tail and ribs that is cooked in tamarind broth with vegetables as garnishing. What they aim at is the fern that is mixed with okra and other vegetables. Yes, that's the edible fern that grows in streams and riverside.

Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder..jpg

Got a pork shoulder in the freezer, & I'm seriously considering doing THIS with it soon on a Sunday for dinner that day!! :wink:

we always cook on sundays, either a sunday roast dinner or a homemade curry, shepherds pie, something along those lines, its our biggest meal of the week.

There was a time that Sunday was probably the only day I cooked. Sunday is the day to cook in my country. Most won't be caught dead eating out or at least eating from fast food restaurants. Things are changing but in my house I think I am expected to pull out all the stops for Sunday lunch. For the most part I enjoy it but sometimes I just want to relax.

On Sundays I tend to make batches of starches... brown rice (with or without vegetables), potatoes or pasta. I try to make enough of one of these to last a couple of days so that meat (or fresh veggies) can be cooked and added quickly to complete the meal. This keeps things simple and relatively hassle-free for my boyfriend, who grabs any two containers out of the refrigerator to take when he goes to work.

I may try cooking enough starch and veggies. I also was thinking about cooking meals and then freezing it just for Sundays. Then I can take it out and put it in the fridge overnight. The next day I can just heat and serve. This past Sunday I basically warmed up a chicken stir-fry that I purchased at Sam’s Club. I just had to pop it in the microwave and then add my veggies. That was quick and simple.

As opposed to - what ? eating cold / raw - eating every meal out ?

If I could afford to I would always eat out on Sundays. I just don’t like cooking on Sundays. I leave my home early in the morning and I don’t return until early or late afternoon. So by that time, I just want to relax. So I look for something quick to eat or make. Most of the time I am the one cooking meals. So if we don’t have leftovers, I want something quick.

I never cook on Sundays! We usually eat out, but when we are way too lazy to go out and eat we just order something from Chef Online . If not, we just eat left overs from Saturday (sometimes I cook too much on Saturday).

We cook every day of the week but what we have depends on what we are doing. Yesterday was cold and raining so we had Sunday dinner, a slow cook hotpot. Today it is dry and sunny so we are going out for a long walk after a light lunch so dinner will be a simple easy to cook meal. We try to share the cooking and but to be honest my husband does the majority of it.

Being retired, Sunday is almost like any other day to me and I cook virtually everyday, whether it's a full meal or just beans on toast or something out of a tin. The one thing I try to avoid on a Sunday is any form of shopping. Most of the larger shops here are very busy at the weekend.

I always cook on Sundays. In fact, I've just finished cooking a vegetable curry. It will not be eaten today, but cooking it today gives the spices and other vigorous stuff a chance to infuse with the vegetables.

Back
Top Bottom