Do You Enjoy Cooking Outside When It is Cold?

car4cher

Veteran
Local time
10:00 PM
There is nothing like having a nice juicy steak fresh off the grill. I don't like to cook or eat outside when it is cold but I do enjoy having someone else grill it and bring it in for me to eat. I was just wondering if anyone likes to grill food outdoors all year round.

My husband will grill outside all year round. He is not deterred from standing in the cold! But for some reason we don't have as much of a taste for grilled food in the winter, so we don't grill as often. In the summer though, he's always stopping at the store to bring home some fresh meat.

Sadly, winter in the UK brings harsh weather so it's often impossible to grill outdoors. The grill does come out at the first hint of sunshine though, usually early April. Barbecueing is my favourite thing about summer and I do agree that nothing beats a juicy grilled steak!

I love cooking outdoors and we do it year round unless the weather is super nasty. Mostly we grill our meat and vegetables outside, but sometimes we set up our big steam pot and make crab legs and crawfish. Othertimes we start a fire in our firepit and cook over it with a big cast iron dutch oven. When it's really, really cold though I tend to use the oven in the house just for the added heat!

I don't enjoy anything outside when it's cold! Not to mention that when it's cold outside, cooking warms things up inside! My interest is in learning more about outdoor cooking to avoid the heat of the kitchen in the summer. I'm not interested in just sticking stuff on the barbecue grill either, I mean real cooking over a real fire.

I do love cooking outside when it's cold! I love it when the cold brushes again me and I feel that the food gets that much tastier! I do enjoy the occasional grilling but like ChanellG i would love to actually cook over an open fire and see how i'd so with that! Something I plan on trying out very soon.

Recently my daughter grilled the turkey on the grill, it was not too cold out the day she decided to cook it. She took the bone out of the turkey and put it on the grill, it was a royal treat for all of us.

We often cook outside in the cooler times we have a covered bbq and covered area up to the conservatory,a chimney and Gas patio heater,and even a burn bin,then deserts inside

I do not enjoy cooking when it is cold outside especially when it is winter here in our place. Spring season is just okay for me cooking outside either grilling in a nearby park in the mountain. Here in our place the mountains are well maintained and are all clean that is why every weekend most of the people here go hiking together with their families and spend their time in the parks up there putting tents, cooking, eating and picnicking. Surrounded by tall trees and fresh plants, you will really enjoy cooking in this kind of environment.

People enjoy cooking out in the freezing cold?? The only people who I can imagine having a bbq in the middle of winter are Minnesotans and Canadians :p On cold days I'd much prefer a hot drink and a warm bed, thanks

In the winter we enjoy more soul filling hearty foods, such as soup and casseroles. I do love the taste of freshly grilled food, but in the winter it is too cold to go outside to cook the meal and it just does not taste the same as when you grill during warm weather. As soon as spring hits we are outside cooking our food in nature. All of the smells and tastes of grilling and the great outdoors during the spring and summer months go together very nicely.

I love cooking outside in the winter. Love it. I grill so often in winter there's a a circle around my grill where the snow cannot form thanks to its consistent heat. I hate when it gets hot & muggy in the kitchen. It's particularly refreshing to step outside & cook in the cold.

Only when the weather is not very cold. In that I will use charcoal mp firewood to keep myself warm. Food cooked by firewood gets ready faster than when you use gas or electric cooker. I do not like cooking outside while it is raining.

For New Year's eve, our usual fare for the midnight meal is barbecue. With the cold weather, it is fun to cook using the grill. But our grill is the old fashioned one with the galvanized iron for the flooring where the charcoal rests. We do the barbecue in the front yard so that neighbors who pass by can smell the barbecue. Of course, we share the food with the passersby. That's our version of chestnuts roasting on an open fire.

The quickest answer to this is to just say NO! Then again, I am not a big fan of cooking outside full stop. I went camping last year and it rained all week. Cooking meals for six was horrendous. I do enjoy going to other people's barbecues though, provided the weather is good.

Back
Top Bottom