Do you grill out during winter?

Riri

Veteran
Local time
6:23 AM
I have friends who grill out all years whether it's winter or summer,if he feels like he wants to grill out,he's gonna grill out. I thought it was funny that he'd go outside,.drop the meat in the grill, close the cover, run back inside and wait it inside. We just bought our grill so I'd like to see if my husband is going to grill out during winter as well though I highly doubt it since he hates the cold.

I don't know that many people who grill out in the winter. I don't grill during the winter because I hate the cold and I don't think I would like going out there even to grill.

Well living in Texas our winters are very mild so, yeah, I definitely grill during the winter. I'd much rather cook out when it's cold outside than when it's 110 outside. I wouldn't say that I grill more during the winter, but it's probably pretty close. I can say that I spend a lot more time smoking foods in the winter than I do in the summer. Keep in mind, though, that our winter average weather is still probably somewhere in the 60s.

I wish our winter weather could be like that. I live in the northeastern part of Alabama do we see some really cold winters here. That's why we hardly grill in the winter unless it's a special occasion.

Yes, I love to grill and even grill in the winter. I keep my grill on my back deck and just slip out the back door to turn the food. Why only have grilled foods in the summer? There is always a way around things. :)

Yeag I agree that there is always a way around the cold when grilling in the winter. If I could do it, I would grill during the winter months as well. ,but I don't have the time to grill anymore because of work.

Yeag I agree that there is always a way around the cold when grilling in the winter. If I could do it, I would grill during the winter months as well. ,but I don't have the time to grill anymore because of work.
Its terrible to not have time to do the things you enjoy because of work, but we all know we have to pay the bills somehow :(

I've got a screened in back porch that allows a little break from the cold wind. It is perfect for continued grilling during the winter. Granted, I won't be doing it as much by any means, but it will be able to continue.

Its terrible to not have time to do the things you enjoy because of work, but we all know we have to pay the bills somehow :(
Yeah we do have to pay the bills. I just wish I could plant a money tree and grow my own money. Then I would not have to work.

I grill indoors and using an electric grill, what makes my grilling food that coal taste that I really enjoy when visiting my family.

They grill outdoors and have a coal grill, but despite we are supposed to enjoy mild winters, it's really cold outside and it's not yet winter!

So no, my family don't grill out during winter either.

It has gotten warm again due to the storms so I will be grilling before it gets cold again.

For me the fun in grilling is mostly in having friends over and eating together. I'd just buy an indoors grill if I really wanted to make something during the winter.

I actually have a paella pan and we have two recipes that we make (they're from opposite ends of the world) ; paella and Chinese fried rice. These are perfect foods for a chill winter's evening and I think the heat from the pan keeps everybody huddles round it like one big happy family.

I sometimes wish we could grill out during the winter, but we tend to keep all our grilling time to the spring and summer months. We sometimes grill during the fall, but winter grilling is limited unless we want to have something grilled that day.

No, I don't but I have been to BBQs in winter where the chef will grill the meat/veges/meat substitutes outdoors and then the food would be brought indoors for everyone to eat as it's far too cold outside. :wink: I think it's a great idea as grilled food is delicious, no matter what season it is.

Back
Top Bottom