Do you like your burgers rare?

Here's a chart for steak doneness. Would this apply to burgers as well? And BTW, I eat steaks & burgers the same way; Medium well. :whistling:
Steak Doneness..jpg

I thought so, but I guess the heat goes through ground meat slightly different than through intact protein fibers aka steak. So we might use a different technique for burgers

I thought so, but I guess the heat goes through ground meat slightly different than through intact protein fibers aka steak. So we might use a different technique for burgers
Digital Thermometer.jpg

I think that a thermometer is the best way to determine the doneness & temp of steaks & burgers. :whistling:

This is the doneness chart my mom used:

View attachment 98427

My dad used to cut the steaks open on the hot grill to make sure they were done, making sure the steaks were both tough AND dry as shoe leather. He did the same with burgers and chicken. I never knew meat could be juicy until I ate at a real steakhouse as a teenager.

CD

My dad used to cut the steaks open on the hot grill to make sure they were done, making sure the steaks were both tough AND dry as shoe leather. He did the same with burgers and chicken. I never knew meat could be juicy until I ate at a real steakhouse as a teenager.

CD

Yes, cutting any kind of meat open when it's done will cause it to dry out quickly rereleasing all of the juices. It WILL then become tough & dry. :thumbsdown:

I like medium-rare for my burgers, but when it comes to prime rib, I want the cow to still be pooping in the field rare. And then put lots of pepper in the Au Jus 🤤

I like medium-rare for my burgers, but when it comes to prime rib, I want the cow to still be pooping in the field rare. And then put lots of pepper in the Au Jus 🤤

Woody Harrelson's character in the movie The Cowboy Way...

Waiter: How would you like your steaks cooked?
Pepper: Oh, just knock its horns off, wipe its nasty ass, and chunk it right here on this plate.

CD

We're all going to FFF at the local 19th hole ... DH & I were talking about it today ...
DH: What do you think you're going to have?
Moi: Dunno
DH: I want to do something different
Moi: You haven't had their Burger & Fries yet
DH: Hmmm, that sounds kinda good. Heh, we're right near there now, ya wanna go there now for linner?
:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom