Do you pan fry or microwave your bacon?

I have never thought about using the microwave for my bacon but now that I am aware maybe I may give it a try. Although, I would still prefer to pan fry it together with eggs. Grilling it together with the burger also excites me.

I like to do my bacon in the oven mostly for the ease of it. You do not have to watch over it as closely or turn it. I have done it in the microwave on occasion, but do not really care for it that way.

I think the flavor is a bit better when bacon is pan fried, but preparing it in the microwave is generally easier. I will typically pan fry the bacon if it is to be included in a recipe, and otherwise I might make it in the microwave. It seems to me less grease is produced when it is prepared in the microwave, which makes me happier. I have also unfortunately, set off the smoke detector by pan frying!
I would have to say pan fry. Only because to me, it tastes better then when you put it in the microwave. It isn't as crispy and has a completely different taste I think.

I have to ask: how do you guys cook it in the microwave? I see so many people saying it doesn't come out crisp or good that way, but I've always had very crispy bacon when nuking it. Maybe it's not being cooked long enough?

I hate limp bacon. If mine doesn't look crisp, I continue nuking it at 30 second intervals until it does.

Back
Top Bottom