Easter

We always spend Easter at grandma's house and we'll usually have fish on the Friday before Easter, and usually also on Sunday Easter. We always have at least 2 or 3 kinds of meat, rice, 2 or 3 sides and amazing chocolate desserts! I cannot wait.

I've been invited out for Easter Dinner.
I would cook, but I can wait until sometime next week to do it!! :wink:

stage one of easter done just baked the hot cross buns and glazed them ready for the morning

Where I live, easter isn't really a celebration. I remember when I was in Australia though, back then every easter I'd just go to a barbecue somewhere and eat lots of chocolate bunnies :p

hot cross buns were great hit this morning toasted, spread with little unsalted butter....
looking forward to chocolate on Sunday at the end of lent,and a roasted turkey lunch

It's true that people seem to celebrate Easter a lot less these days. The religious element of Easter tends to be overlooked too. It's nice for the kids to have some fun at this time of the year but I never really bother myself.

Easter is a time for chocolate and hot cross buns, unfortunately the meaning of Easter has been lost along the way just as Christmas has, they have turned into money making stress raising events.

Easter is a time for chocolate and hot cross buns, unfortunately the meaning of Easter has been lost along the way just as Christmas has, they have turned into money making stress raising events.
My sons questioned me about my lent activity of giving up chocolate and I adked them if they were going to church over the Easter period the question was ignored as they thought Easter was about the chocolate ,never took the time to think what the true meaning was ,so I asked if we could forget Christmas this year,and a panic drifted into there faces,apparently kids on average receive 8 Easter eggs

Got to agree here. I'm not even Christian but I'm pretty sure that greed and gluttony is not the way Jesus would have wanted his crucifixion and subsequent resurrection to be marked.

Back
Top Bottom