Eating raw seafoods like shrimp, octopus and lobster

French oysters are all very well.... but for the real deal Whitstable Natives (and Rocks) or Malden or Colchester ditto. We do them best!
The shell fish of Brittany and Normandy have been a way of life for me over the last few years it's sometimes where and how you eat the oysters etc ,the smell off he sea,the views,I've eaten oysters all along the south coast exmouth and Dartmouth to the west ,never been the same as France out side a chai a trier or on the harbour wall a squeeze of lemon and a glass of cider or white ,it's time well spent

The very thought of eating seafood or fish raw turns my stomach. Then again, I am not a particularly big fish or seafood eater in the first place. I am quite specific about what I will and won't eat in terms of seafood and fish. However, I appreciate that this is the way it is served in many cuisines across the world and in some countries it is considered a delicacy.

We stayed in Aldeburgh itself and had 1 meal in the Regatta and the other in the Lighthouse. That way we could have a drink and leave the car parked up.

This story has a bad ending. On Saturday evening we enjoyed a delicious meal, unfortunately my husband found a rogue oyster and was very ill over night. We managed to get home on Sunday and he went straight to bed. He was off work Monday and Tuesday because we was so unwell, he went back in for the rest of the week but only now is he back to his normal self. A very bad ending to a great weekend, hot and sunny, great walking :)

No more oysters :headshake:

This story has a bad ending. On Saturday evening we enjoyed a delicious meal, unfortunately my husband found a rogue oyster and was very ill over night. We managed to get home on Sunday and he went straight to bed. He was off work Monday and Tuesday because we was so unwell, he went back in for the rest of the week but only now is he back to his normal self. A very bad ending to a great weekend, hot and sunny, great walking :)

No more oysters :headshake:

That's dreadful. Are you absolutely sure it was an oyster?

I love eating raw my favorite food is actually tuna and salmon sashimi with wasabe and soy sauce. In the Philippines we eat tuna with a lot of vinegar, cucumber and raddish. You have to really clean the seafood meat before digesting it but it's pretty safe to eat despite what some people think.

The only seafood I got close to eating raw is an oyster. At first the thought of eating raw sounds too unsafe for me but when I tasted the oyster I could not think of any ways to cook it other than eat it raw. But that is the first and last time I will consume some raw meat. I am still worried about my safety. Maybe I was lucky no food poisoning happened on my first try but that is it no more next time.

The only seafood I got close to eating raw is an oyster. At first the thought of eating raw sounds too unsafe for me but when I tasted the oyster I could not think of any ways to cook it other than eat it raw. But that is the first and last time I will consume some raw meat. I am still worried about my safety. Maybe I was lucky no food poisoning happened on my first try but that is it no more next time.
You know, oysters are right near he top of my favourite foods list and I eat half a dozen about once a week. I've been doing that for the past ten years. No food poisoning so far! A big plus point is that they low in calories and full of minerals such as selenium, zinc, iron and magnesium and B vitamins.

If you really must cook them, there are certainly a few recipes out there for grilling. But for me, you can't beat the taste of uncooked oysters. The most famous cooked oyster dish is probably oysters Rockefeller. There are various interpretations of this recipe but it generally consists of topping the half shelled oyster with very finely topped greens (such as spinach), garlic breadcrumbs, Pernot and sometimes cheese. You then bake or grill them for a few minutes until golden on top.

I do like beef or tuna carpaccio but only in a good restaurant. Love oysters but after my husband's food poisoning I doubt they will be consumed again for a while.

full of minerals such as selenium, zinc, .
Oh I did not know that they are rich is zinc and selenium. I had been in search of these minerals that are found naturally in found but the closest I can get is an orange colored fish. I forgot the name because it is not available year round. These minerals are said to boost your immune system and helps keep your youth.

Octopus, in my opinion, is the nastiest and most gross smelling seafood that you'd ever want to cook & eat!!!! I wouldn't touch that stuff with a 39-1/2-foot pole!!! :headshake: :stop:

When it's being boiled, it smells like stinking feet!!! :sick:

I like oysters on the half shell, my brother on the other hand turns a funny shade of green if he even has to eat one.
Though he can easily shuck them. His first job was in a seafood restaurant.

I like oysters on the half shell, my brother on the other hand turns a funny shade of green if he even has to eat one.
Though he can easily shuck them. His first job was in a seafood restaurant.
I carry an oyster knife wherever I go. Ever hopeful...

I carry an oyster knife wherever I go. Ever hopeful...
He once took a cooking class where the professor said they had to shuck and eat an oyster. My brother told the professor he couldn't eat an oyster but he would shuck all the professor wanted. He shucked at least a dozen in the time the rest of the class did 1. No he didn't have to eat an oyster.

Back
Top Bottom