Edible Flowers Quiz

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
2:00 PM
Flowers Edible.jpg
How many can you name?

If this one is too easy, I've a hundred you can have a go at!

Quite a few - but blimey, the quality of some of the images makes it impossible. The left hand bottom image, for example. I can see it is a purple flower with petals but thats about it...
However, I am having a big learning experience trawling the internet. I never realised quite how many flowers were edible. I'm now eyeing up the vase of astroemeria on the mantle piece wondering whether to chomp into one or two...

Last edited:
I had no idea that so many flowers were edible. I wonder why more.people don't use them in their salads or dishes. I have never seen a recipe where flowers were used as ingredients. I will have to Google it and see what I can find. You have me curious now.

I had no idea that so many flowers were edible. I wonder why more.people don't use them in their salads or dishes. I have never seen a recipe where flowers were used as ingredients. I will have to Google it and see what I can find. You have me curious now.
Its become quite a thing in restaurants here - usually they are only used as an edible garnish.

Reactions: L_B
Quite a few - but blimey, the quality of some of the images makes it impossible. The left hand bottom image, for example. I can see it is a purple flower with petals but thats about it...
However, I am having a big learning experience trawling the internet. I never realised quite how many flowers were edible. I'm now eyeing up the vase of astroemeria on the mantle piece wondering whether to chomp into one or two...
RHS quiz. They consider it a simple one.

The bottom very right image looks a bit like a pansy and I'm pretty sure they are edible - but I'm so curious about the rest!

Like a lot of others here I didn't know there were just SO many flowers that were edible!

I think the white flowers that look like stars or small sunflowers are chamomile? I know a rose from afar no question about that and this is the only flower I know that is edible, some put it on their icecream. The violet at the lower right most corner is that an African violet? if it is I am not certain if they are edible.

All in the picture are edible. How many can you name though!

What has the original size got to do with it? Did you scan the images or what?
Seems to compress for display on here, losing some of the quality.
A previous picture posted was being viewed at 38% on an A3 sized screen, turned out too small to see correctly.

Back
Top Bottom