energy drinks?

chocomore

Veteran
Local time
11:19 AM
For some reason I really dislike energy drinks I think they taste like chemicals which really puts me off, do you drink energy drinks?

I totally agree with you chocomore!

Both energy drinks and those touted as necessary to get hydrated such as Gatorade are really infamous regardless the "flavor" they come with because all of those beverages taste like chemicals.

I don't like them, in fact I think I really hate them cordially :yuck:

depends on what you call energy drinks products like high 5 that you mix with water for sport for safe hydration have there place and i do use on long training days,and to a certain degree i do like orange lucozade but the likes of,relentless i despair at ,red bull will always cause despair and discussions to the end of time ,containing taurine a chemical your body produces naturally ,but with its global marketing and sponsorship it must do well

Depends on what we are talking about exactly. I really like the taste of RedBull however a lot of the cheaper ones really do taste just like chemicals. Some of them are enjoyable though.

I don't drink them that much to be honest, but I don't mind having a RedBull once in a while.

I'm also no a huge fan of energy drinks. Although, I have bought some in the past. However, I am not like some people who drink these down like their water and drink one after the other. I tend to think of energy drinks as I do medicine, I will only take a few sips of one here and there. As said above these don't taste that good, and its not too good an idea to drink them like you would soda or even gatorade for that matter.

Most of the energy drinks on the market I don't like and would never touch (anything with caffeine added is a definite no), but there are a couple of exceptions. Lucozade orange sport (powdered version) is one I find very useful because I suffer from a condition where my body can not easily balance sodium and potassiumin the blood stream and from time to time I go through periods where it is off and that makes cycling (my main mode of transport) or even getting out of bed quite difficult - if the condition gets out of hand it can kill me very quickly and I much prefer the taste of lucozade sport orange to dioralyte (an flavour) which is another method for me to address any early warning signs but I need to consumer 3 or 4 sachets of dioralyte for it to be effective: mind you both are preferable to A&E or 999 and IV fluids & steriods to save my life. On the bright side of things, when I have needed dioralyte due to this condition, it tastes much better than it does normally :sick:

Ironically the drink I most prefer when needing something after exercise is fresh orange & lemonade (but I don't like lemonade normally!), however, I will have Fanta orange if it is all that is available. In fact it is only when I am cycling long distances that I actually like Fanta orange at all, the rest of the time I find its taste very odd, but I guess there is something in it that my body needs after several all-day cycling/hiking days in a row.

I have tried several types of energy drinks, but have not found any that I like. I agree with the 'chemical' taste. I don't drink caffeine, so just a small cup of black coffee will do the trick for me.

I have never drunk an energy drink before and I don't plan on ever drinking one. My stomach can't handle a lot of caffeine and that is one of the main ingredients in it. My nephew has drunk them before and he liked them, but he has stopped drinking them because he doesn't need them anymore.

I know what you mean. Not only do these drinks taste "chemical" and fizzy. They're also not healthy when consumed too much. Yeah they give you that extra umph of adrenaline, but it messes up your system. Some even get addicted. So, nope. Old fashioned fruits and coffee should do the trick for me.

PS - if you need to stay awake, apples are more effective than coffee :wink:

I never could understand what it is about energy drinks that makes people want to drink them. I would rather go for a natural energy boost than to take an energy drink.

Most energy drinks are no more dangerous to you than coffee is. They contain a lot of sugar though which isn't good for your teeth, but I don't see any more problems with them. They also contain caffeine that keeps you awake and that's about it.

I have nothing against energy drinks but I still don't drink them. That is mainly because my body doesn't handle caffeine very well. I use to have no problems with it, but now I can't drink anything with too much caffeine in it. So I avoid energy drinks.

I don't like the taste of energy drinks, however I've drunk a few on the odd occasion (less than 10 times), when I've suffered from insomnia and needed to get through an action packed day. E.g I was in a play and we had 2 shows a day and by the third week with all the cast parties and studying (I was in my last year of university) I was knackered after not being able to sleep, so I had half a red bull before the show and half in the intermission. I haven't had an energy drink in a few months though, thankfully.

Energy drinks are not my favorite. I do not care for the taste one bit. I do however drink them when I have to stay up for a long period of time. My husband and I do a lot of traveling for his work. While traveling, it requires long hours. We take turns driving. We usually pack Monster energy drinks to help us stay up to focus on driving. We do not make a habit of drinking energy drinks but drink them on occassion.

If I am riding my bike in the summer on a longish ride I will take a 750ML bottle sometimes two, with water and a flavored electrolyte tab in. I tend to fuel for exercise using food rather than an energy drink. I treat the drink simply as hydration.

Back
Top Bottom