energy drinks?

I am not a fan of any kind or brand of energy drinks. Once I had the chance to taste one kind when my friend gave me while we are on a tour trip and for me I do not like the taste and flavoring and one fact I know it had the chemicals in it that is why I am avoiding it.

I used to be hooked on AMP energy drinks. In specific, I used to drink the green can on a daily basis. Only after finding out the negative effects of this type of beverage did I ween myself. Trust me - it was not an easy task. AMP energy drinks really do work well and give you an extra boost.

amp.jpg

I don`t really drink energy drinks at all. When I`m tired and the batteries are low, I prefer drinking a hot cup of strong coffee, then chug down a synthetic drink with hundreds of chemicals in it. Coffee usually gets me back on my feet instantly.

I don't like how they taste like chemicals either. They are loaded with chemicals and are not good for your body. They can contribute to heart problems too. So many young people were having palpitations because they were pumped up on these drinks.

I am not a fan of energy drinks, but I will drink them on occasion. I know that the boost they give is primarily caffeine and I like black coffee so I would usually go for the coffee rather than an energy drink. Sometimes i am out on my bike and need a boost but am hot and a cold beverage appeals to me. Water will fit the bill for thirst, but an energy drink will sometimes appeal to me. If I can find one with a lemon/lime flavour, I will go for that. Always real sugar for me though - no sugar free.

The only energy drink that I will drink is the regular rock star. I don't like any other flavor except the original. Red bull has to be the grossest flavor in the entire world. I have tried many and they all seem to just not taste that great. So if I have have one, it is gonna be the original rock star.

Never. They might be useful for some professional athlete who needs energy right now, but for the average fitness enthusiast, I don't think it's necessary and will likely do more harm than good, especially since people tend to drink these mindlessly and on a regular basis. Water is still my number one choice, undoubtedly.

I think one of the reasons they taste of chemicals is because that is what they are. Does your body need chemicals to re-hydrate or to boost energy after excercise or [and this is a big one with drivers] to keep awake - no. If it does you are doing something wrong.

A lot of my friends are so addicted to energy drinks and they claim that it's their life source when stressful days come but I don't see why they like it so much. It tastes like really bad medicine in a big bottle for me. I'm pretty sure no one likes drinking bad tasting medicine so why drink something like that every day? Or maybe that's just me or those were just the energy drinks I've tried that my friends are swearing by. But either way, I'm not for energy drinks at all because of how it tastes and also because of the chemicals they add in there.

I'm not normally much of a fan of energy drinks. However the yellow can of Relentless (Ice Lemon I think it's called?) tastes like really good lemonade. It doesn't taste at all like energy drink. I love it.

Back
Top Bottom