The Late Night Gourmet

Home kook
Staff member
Local time
1:14 AM
Website
absolute0cooking.com
IMG_0693.JPG

I always like an excuse to make tzatziki sauce. There is no better excuse than a falafel. You won't see many falafel recipes with mint, but I think it works beautifully here.

Ingredients

1⁄2 lb chickpeas, soaked overnight in water
3 garlic cloves, grated
1 cup parsley, freshly chopped
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 green onions, finely chopped
3 tablespoons mint leaves, freshly chopped
4 large Brussels sprouts, shredded
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
4 tablespoons canola oil
1⁄4 cup flour, for coating the falafel patties

Directions

1. Pour the chickpeas into a bowl, cover with water, and soak overnight.
  2. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Add them to a food processor with all ingredients except for oil and flour. Pulse until a grainy mixture forms. Scrape down the sides of the food processor frequently to ensure a good mix. Even though there are a lot of ingredients in common, this shouldn't have the same consistency of hummus. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
  3. Add oil to a small pan and raise to medium heat.
  4. Form the mixture into balls about the size of your palm; flatten out if making patties. Dip in flour, and pat all sides to remove any excess. Cook in pan until brown on all sides, flipping over after a few minutes.
  5. Serve with tzatziki sauce.

@The Late Night Gourmet

Brussel sprouts and I are long time adversaries ..

Other than this, I am a grand fan of Falafel and Tzatziki I prepare with a mint and dill .. I may of posted my Greek récipe for it as I travelled alot in Greece over the years and have a large number of Greek Clients who come to Barcelona ..

My tzatziki is made with: grated cucumbers, Greek Yogurt, garlic, dill, Greek Evoo, mint, salt and freshly ground peppercorns, and a bit of freeze squeezed lemon juice ( 1 drop with an eye dropper sterilised ) ..

It should be either dill or mint... how do you normally make it?
My recipe is based on one posted by a woman who learned hers at a cooking class in Greece. But, I'm less interested in authentic than I am in tasty, and to me this is tasty. Dill is used, as well as both vinegar and lemon juice to provide the acid. I will definitely try it with mint, though, since it sounds excellent.

My recipe is based on one posted by a woman who learned hers at a cooking class in Greece. But, I'm less interested in authentic than I am in tasty, and to me this is tasty. Dill is used, as well as both vinegar and lemon juice to provide the acid. I will definitely try it with mint, though, since it sounds excellent.

@The Late Night Gourmet

We all have different tastes ..

Enjoy and have a nice weekend ..

Back
Top Bottom