Favorite cooker/stove burner?

I use the stove ok, but in the summer when you don't want to use the oven because it is torridly hot outside, there are THESE things that I can use to help keep the heat down. They work really good!!! :whistling:
Presto Electric Cooker..jpg
Rival BBQ Pit..jpg
Ninja  Foodi.jpg

This one. I helped a friend out a couple of years back, at a Brunch for the British Embassy. This was their range, as well as extra hot plates, griddles, 6 fridges, salamanders, and heated drawers for keeping food warm.
Obviously, I haven't got one, but when I win the lottery....

1688496921115.png

After 5 years?
She has no idea how to turn the oven on.
Just that she'd never needed to.
BUT she used to make a killer meatloaf 40 years ago. I have persuaded her make it this week. Separate thread later this week. :)

Russ

Hah, not too long ago, we all got to talking about our ovens and I admitted that I didn't know how to change the oven temperature to another while it was on without turning it all the way off and starting from the beginning for several months after we got it.

I wasn't the only one that admitted that and, if I remember correctly, it had been several years for at least one of us.

Hah, not too long ago, we all got to talking about our ovens and I admitted that I didn't know how to change the oven temperature to another while it was on without turning it all the way off and starting from the beginning for several months after we got it.

I wasn't the only one that admitted that and, if I remember correctly, it had been several years for at least one of us.

No disrespect on my wife but she hasn't needed to know. My mum was an ok cook but salted everything too much. I wanted food my way so I started cooking and wife loves my food so we're both happy.

Russ

The only way I know to change the temperature on my oven is to hit the "Bake" button again, and enter a new temperature. It's not exactly like turning it off, and back on again, but it is only one step shorter.

CD

Front left because I cook left handed and that ring is the one I can hang the pan handle off to the left and it still be over the counter top. That way it doesn't heat up when I'm using the other rings. Also the front left has 2 size options and fits my favourite skillet better than the rear right which is another double ring but a wide thin double more like an oval than front left. The right l front right and back left are smaller rings that I don't use much.

I'm getting a common theme that right front is the preference for most with gas ranges and left front for most with electric, for varying reasons, though it does seem right front with gas is bigger and left front with electric is the larger.

My right front burner is a dual-zone burner (ceramic cooktop), and the largest overall. I use it for my big Dutch oven and largest skillets.

I match my pan sizes to my burner sizes. I also tend to put taller pots for boiling pasta and potatoes in the back row, so they are out of the way.

I rarely use all four burners, so my front burners naturally get more use.

CD

Back
Top Bottom