Favorite soup!

I have a couple. One of my favorite soups is an African Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup. It isn't a common favorite in my household, but I love sweet potato, peanut butter and the blend of spices used. I also love any form of vegan broccoli soup. I haven't experimented with many curry soups yet, but I have a feeling that would be another favorite for me. What about you?

To be honest I am not really into eating soup and I have never heard of the soups you just mentioned but it sounds good :) My mother only makes about 2-3 kinds of soup because those are the only ones we eat with my sister. She makes chicken soup, tomato soup and egg soup. We are Hungarian so we eat that a lot but I don't like traditional Hungarian soup like Gulyas, I'm very picky unfortunately.

Hmm, hard to say. While many people hate soup, particularly children, I was a children who was raised in a home where I had the chance to taste a new soup every day.

Today I could not cite a soup of my liking, but would have to post a long listing of them, including many specialty soups of the Spanish, French, Mexican, Italian, and Chinese, cuisines.

Picking one would be impossible. We have a whole cookbook dedicated to (veggie & vegan) soups and love most of them from that book. We also have many others, but the simply ones are probably the favourite with brocolli soup and sweet chestnut soup coming up as favourites at this time of year... (sweet chestnuts being harvested wild).

http://www.amazon.com/Vegetarian-So...Y6O_1_8?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1380272698&sr=1-8

butternut squash and ginger,easy to make a little bit different nice texture,I do like different garnishes with soups such as gnocchi's ,flavoured cheese straws,flavoured oils,cheesy breads with rarebits,homemade enhanced breads

My favourite soup is vegetable soup with carrots, sweet potatoe, yam and green bananas. That's my favourite soup:) and its so tasty.

I have to toss two soups into the arena of discussion. One is Borscht from Germany. The second soup is Sinigang from the Philippnes. The borscht I grew up with does not use beats, but is slightly sour borscht using some dill weed to add that sour flavor. The rich mix of vegetables along with chicken, pork, or ham makes a delightful soup.

Sinigang from the Philippines is very similar. It gets a sour flavor from sour tamarind. It has a rich mix of vegetables is usually cooked with either pork (baboy) or shrimp (hipon). The mix of radish, okra, eggplant, tomatoes, and other vegetables make it a very flavorful soup, also.

Both of these soups are excellent when you are getting a cold or sore throat. That touch of sour flavor feels great sliding down the throat.

I need to toss in one other favorite that comes in a very close second to those two. Grandma's chicken noodle soup made with homemade noodles. Now if I could just figure out how Grandma consistently made such great noodles.

Not the healthiest soup in the world but I'd pick broccoli and blue cheese. Somehow the two flavors really compliment each other. :) My second choice would be sweet potato and leek (a twist on the potato and leek version) and my third choice would be a hearty mushroom and peppercorn soup. :D

My favorite soup is Vegetable Beef. I add mixed vegetables out of my garden, vegetable juice, chunks of beef, and seasonings. Delicious!

I love soup but I think my favorite soup would have to be homemade vegetable soup. I made some yesterday its such a comfort in a very cold day.

It really depends on the season or my mood/health, especially if I'm sick my preference will change.

Lately I've really been getting into creamy wild rice and chicken soup. I also enjoy cheeseburger soup, Italian wedding soup, and homemade chicken noodle.

I actually developed a taste for gazpacho when I was in Spain. The one my Spanish friend made was just made from bread, water, onions, garlic, salt, tomatoes and parsley. It was an amazing dish for a hot summer day.

I love soup and my favorite is homemade Vegetable Beef soup that I make at home. Ground beef, onions, tomatoes, peas, corn, green beans, potatoes, carrots and tomato sauce all combined and simmered for a few hours is delicious! Perfect with cornbread, corn chips or crackers. It is rather cold today and some good soup would go a long way in warming me up.

This is undoubtedly a tough question for me to answer because I'm literally mad of soups. I can't just limit my favorites list with one or two because I have many under that category. If I am asked to mention a single one, it depends on my mood at that instant of time. Now I feel like having Mexican hot-n-sour chicken soup which always drives me crazy of it. So my favorite soup at this moment is this :wink:

Back
Top Bottom