Garlic bread home made

Ahhhh pikelets! Like these but in these there was no garlic involved. Maybe I should try garlic?

View attachment 15876

Yes - similar. I just used shop bought crumpets whic have really big holes.
IDShot_540x540-24.jpg

I tried garlic bread with mushrooms once. Can't have been scrumptious because I've not tried it again.

View attachment 15873

There's a dish here that is often served at public functions for fundraising called a Beefsteak dinner.

It is essentially slices of baguette that are brushed with a combo of melted butter and garlic, then it's topped with thin slices of filet mignon, with more ghee drizzled over top. Man it's good.

Sometimes they add chopped parsley.
...'cause you know, you have to have your veggies.

Your mushroom "beefsteak" looks like a good alternative for vegetarians. Oops, sorry, not the place.

(just kidding SNSSO :D)

Never heard of a pikelet; looked it up.

Is it a flapjack? (A true mountain flapjack is not like the sweet pancakes of the lower you'rn. it is cooked on a griddle or stone, and is somewhat coarse)

They sort of look similar - its interesting they are advertised as a breakfast thing. In the UK they are a tea-time thing. I also noted that the company have square ones designed to be split open. This seems to contradict the fundamental purpose of a crumpet which is to allow butter to drip down through the holes!

Back
Top Bottom