gas stoves on the way out ?

In just about ALL new apartment buildings that's being built today, developers don't have gas stoves put in. The building that I reside in, all of thr apartments have electric stoves, no gas. Supposedly, gas stoves are much more dangerous then the electric ones. I might be because mostly senior citizens & disabled residents are here. I would tend to think that some may forget to turn them off when they are not being used, which could lead to gas fumes being let go, which could be dangerous.

The children whom I babysat with a couple of weeks ago, they live with their parents in a hotel for the homeless, & they have no stoves or ovens at all!! Just microwaves or electric plug-in pots. A building for the elderly is that way in East Boston. They are not allowed to have stoves or ovens, just microwaves, I think. :eek:

benzene is used in the process of refining crude oil into gasoline , its highly flammable and had a very distint odor

Gadget -
you're living in a progressive imaginary world area.
NY/et.al. think that electricity is "pollute free" - it is not.
generating stations use coal and/or natural gas to heat water to make it into steam to power turbines that turn generators which make electricity.

windmill make electricity. regrets, they pollute more than they ever generate.
hydro-electricity is indeed very clean. Canada does well in that area - but only because they have lots of waterfalls and lower demand. Nordic countries also excel, as long as the H2O remains liquid - ice really does not do "turbines" well.

heard of the "Dodd Act?"
that outlaws anything that causes cancer. tolerance levels: ZERO.
super great idea when stuff was measured by color changes in test tubes.
now that we're dealing with parts per billion and parts per trillion - not test tube parts per thousand - virtually anything you see in the grocery store or have in your home is illegal, prohibited, banned - by LAW.

"bad" molecules exist - stop breathing - because you will inhale a bad molecule.
some common sense required . . .

Back
Top Bottom