Gooseberry Butter

L_B

Veteran
Local time
7:10 AM
@SatNavSaysStraightOn I seen your status. .. what is gooseberry butter? I like gooseberries but have never had it as butter or even heard of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gooseberry butter is the same as apple butter, just made with gooseberries instead!
There is nothing difficult to it really. I just had rather a lot of gooseberries and decided to use them instead of apples because well, they needed to be used.
Information on apple butter can be found from the tag "apple butter". This will save me repeating it all again... However, this thread (https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/apple-butter.6177/) seems to have most of the information in it regarding both apple butter and my attempt at gooseberry butter,

I haven't seen it here in the UNited States...but I think people probably do make it here. I am pretty sure that we have gooseberries in this country. I like to go into farm stand shops and stores sometimes as they often have unusual things of that ilk. I will look and see what sorts of butters are there next week. I think they are the options and the stoes to find something like that.

Thanks for answering my question. We do have gooseberries around here but they are very expensive to buy. There are other places I know of who have them and they are very plentiful but they are quite a distance from here. I have had gooseberry jam that I bought at the local farmers market and it was really good.

Back
Top Bottom