Have to Eat Soft Foods Only.

I'll NEVER stand behind a horse!!!! That must've been one powerful kick!!!!!!!! Even with one leg!!!!!!!! :eek:
I raised horses. The way to stand behind them is to make sure they know you are there (walking up to them from the front and slowly moving towards the rear) and stay very close to them. I usually would run my hand along their side and speak softly. They can't kick you if you are close to their hindquarters. Actually most of the time they don't want to kick you, but if you walk up behind them suddenly and startle them they do so out of instinct. Also don't approach them while they are eating.

At pub yesterday and mates wife had a (1) tooth out and a replacement fitted into her bone. I said that must be expensive. He said $8k.
1 tooth?? Unbelievable!!

Russ
They may have had to do bone grafting?

I had a quote 2 years ago for a whole new bunch of gnashers, which involved removing ALL my uppers.
$15,000.
I asked if they'd accept a case of beer in part payment.
That sounds reasonably priced. Double that here probably.

I'll NEVER stand behind a horse!!!! That must've been one powerful kick!!!!!!!! Even with one leg!!!!!!!! :eek:
Kicked plural.

She had ridden all her life and wasn't standing behind him.
His name was Pi and if there ever was such a thing as an evil animal he was it. Before the 'accident' I used to see him in the stable and the look in his eye was so fearsome it made me shudder.

My sis in law warned her not to try and ride him as he was "too strong" and "difficult to control". Well that was all the incentive she needed to get on.

She rode about a mile when he threw her off. According to witnesses he went to her on the ground and kicked n trampled her. She was unconscious for some time, it wasn't just her face that was broken into pieces! Fortunately there just happened to be people around who, called an ambulance, caught Pi and one person recognised her hair so called us.
She was lucky to survive!

Kicked plural.

She had ridden all her life and wasn't standing behind him.
His name was Pi and if there ever was such a thing as an evil animal he was it. Before the 'accident' I used to see him in the stable and the look in his eye was so fearsome it made me shudder.

My sis in law warned her not to try and ride him as he was "too strong" and "difficult to control". Well that was all the incentive she needed to get on.

She rode about a mile when he threw her off. According to witnesses he went to her on the ground and kicked n trampled her. She was unconscious for some time, it wasn't just her face that was broken into pieces! Fortunately there just happened to be people around who, called an ambulance, caught Pi and one person recognised her hair so called us.
She was lucky to survive!
Oh my, if people put down dogs that bite, why was this animal not euthanized?

Sounds like he was evil to his heart!!!! :eek:
Animals are like people in that sense, some are just bad. Mostly horses are instinctual animals. I had one that was particularly smart and she was impish but not evil, though she was very high-spirited. A leaf blowing across a trail path could cause her to bolt. She was a great jumper though, she could scale a 5-foot fence from nearly a standstill and I won many ribbons and trophies riding her at events. My other horses were calm and sweet, nothing special but quite lovely.

Oh my, if people put down dogs that bite, why was this animal not euthanized?

He was a pricey beast and people like to think they'll be the one to tame them don't they.

Much to my horror he was sold on. The person who had him knew he was difficult and rode him before he took him but even so he was a bad animal.

He was a pricey beast and people like to think they'll be the one to tame them don't they.

Much to my horror he was sold on. The person who had him knew he was difficult and rode him before he took him but even so he was a bad animal.

Here's my thing about horses. They are wild animals. They have to be tamed, or "broken," as they say. It's like lions, wolves or bears. They can be "trained" to do what humans want, but they'd just assume not be bothered by us. From time to time, they let us know how they think of us.

On the other hand, dogs evolved to have a symbiotic relationship with humans. It is a mutually beneficial relationship.

I love dogs. I prefer to stay away from lions, wolves and bears... and horses.

CD

Back
Top Bottom