'Healthy Eating' more fattening than Fast Food!

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
5:30 AM
If you eat a breakfast, lunch and dinner recommended by healthy eating gurus such as The Body Coach and Deliciously Ella, you can end up consuming 1,096 more calories than you would dining on fast food. The Daily Mail compared Deliciously Ella's bircher muesli, Clean Eating Alice's feta frittata and Joe Wicks' creamy steak with spinach to a Starbucks muffin, a McDonald's wrap and a cheeseburger from Burger King. Each recipe had more calories and fat, with Joe Wicks' offering containing a whopping 883 calories compared to the 376 in a Bacon Double Cheeseburger from Burger King.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...lean-Eating-Alice-calories.html#ixzz4WyQTqM73

What do you think? Could we actually lose weight by eating in McDonalds?

Last edited:
Supposedly, there was a guy who lost weight just by eating food at a MD restaurant. :scratchhead:
I knew there was one that did that at Subway.
Flip side was the Super Size Me guy. He gained weight by saying Super Size me.

Once again, watch what you eat rather it be "healthy" or "fast" food.
Rather like if you order a super size meal and a diet coke, that does not make it better for you.

I've lost weight by eating pizzas, and burgers and chips, but they've all been home-cooked and I know what goes in them and on them. My pizzas (with the merest hint of fat, salt and sugar in the base) are hardly ever weighed down and getting soggy under a ton of cheese - I use around 1/2 oz finely grated so it looks more and cover it in good quality veg. And you've seen my burger recipe! I eat proper chips too, fried in rapeseed oil and well-drained. Much more healthy than the junk you get from a fast food place. And I can have my cake and eat it :laugh: There's fat and there's fat. One lot are natural and good for you; the others are disgusting.

I make pizza too and use very little oil. Sometimes I make a cheeses one with anchovies, prawns and tomatoes. We share one large pizza between the two of us so not too many calories. I couldn't get through a whole one anyway.

I make pizza too and use very little oil. Sometimes I make a cheeses one with anchovies, prawns and tomatoes. We share one large pizza between the two of us so not too many calories. I couldn't get through a whole one anyway.

Oops! I have about 4/5 of a whole one, and the mutt has the rest :happy:

The ones I make are using dough made from 250g of bread flour so they are not very thin pizzas. Maybe your one's are thinner?

The ones I make are using dough made from 250g of bread flour so they are not very thin pizzas. Maybe your one's are thinner?

I use 450 g unbleached white bread flour or 500 g wholemeal to make 2 x 12" pizzas. They are definitely not thin - in fact I normally stretch them a bit to 13-14". I'm a gannet :D

I use 450 g unbleached white bread flour or 500 g wholemeal to make 2 x 12" pizzas. They are definitely not thin - in fact I normally stretch them a bit to 13-14". I'm a gannet :D
That works out about the same as mine then. What do you cook them on? I use a pizza stone.

I just looked up calories in flour and its 364 in 100g. So that means our pizzas are 910 calories without including the topping. I am amazed! I knew pizza was calorific but that is loads. I now know why I can only eat half.

I just looked up calories in flour and its 364 in 100g. So that means our pizzas are 910 calories without including the topping. I am amazed! I knew pizza was calorific but that is loads. I now know why I can only eat half.
I can soon work that off taking the dog for a walk :D

That is a lot of sleep. I didn't know dogs slept so much. I have considered getting a dog now I'm here to look after it but we both like to go away for hotel breaks and on holiday abroad sometimes so it probably wouldn't be practical. My grandson would love it though!

Back
Top Bottom