Hello from the Midwest

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
11:44 PM
Hello - I'm in the US (Midwest), enjoy cooking for my wife and myself, and feel pretty at home in the kitchen.

I like to make a lot of comfort foods, and especially enjoy making soups and stews in the cold months. I make a lot of pizza year round.

My favorite cuisine is probably Italian, the wife likes a lot of Bavarian things best, and I don't like seafood at all.

I also like putting together specialty menus for picnics and afternoon teas. Fondue is another favorite in our house.

Other interests: apart from my day job, I'm also a musician, and we both like to travel (the misses is a travel consultant).

Welcome to CookingBites @TastyReuben. :welcome: We aim to be a friendly forum and love new members to get involved, so please join in wherever you like.
You can tell us what you cooked or ate today in our regular thread: What did you cook or eat today (July 2019)? And we also have some challenges running.
See here: The Current CookingBites Challenges. The current recipe challenge closes on Wednesday but there will be a new one shortly after that.

You are not the only lover of Italian food here! In fact, we have a regular Italian member (@MypinchofItaly) who is an excellent cook. Bavarian sounds as if it might be interesting - I'm not sure I know much about that.

Thanks, all!

I should qualify those cuisines by saying Italian(-American) and German(-American), just considering where I'm from. :)

So I make a lot of pizzas (different styles), a lot of pasta dishes, and favorite German-inspired items would be lots of different sausages and potatoes, lots of pork and sauerkraut, etc. Tonight, it's set to be kielbasa, egg noodles, and mashed potatoes.

Thanks, all!

I should qualify those cuisines by saying Italian(-American) and German(-American), just considering where I'm from. :)

So I make a lot of pizzas (different styles), a lot of pasta dishes, and favorite German-inspired items would be lots of different sausages and potatoes, lots of pork and sauerkraut, etc. Tonight, it's set to be kielbasa, egg noodles, and mashed potatoes.

I'm of German decent and one of my favorite meals is Sauerbraten mitt kartoffelklosse und rotkohl. We even make our own Speck and sauerkraut.

^^^ Believe it or not, I've never, in 53 years, had a reuben.

It is, however, my wife's favorite sandwich, but that's unrelated - "Reuben" is a family nickname, and since this is a food site, I stuck "Tasty" in front of it, just for fun.

I love the stretch of I-75 from Dayton to Cincinnati. Also love the Chorizo Burger at Sammy's Gourmet Burgers in Cincinnati.

I grew up a lot closer to that stretch, but nowadays I'm right up the other interstate, I-71.

My favorite Cincy burger these days is from a food truck that sits outside a bar/beer garden right next to Music Hall. If I'm in Dayton, though, the Pine Club is hard to beat.

The real renaissance here is the craft beer. There are more breweries than Starbucks, it seems, and li'l ol' Cincy is fourth in the entire country for craft beers produced.

Back
Top Bottom