Hello, I'm a man with a girls name ... :)

ThatManViv

Über Member
Local time
9:15 AM
I joke really about my name, because many a time someone has said to me,hey, you got a girls name.... but there's no frocks in my closet ...

sooooo, I'm a white englishman, 68 years young (where did those years go, eh), living in the south west of england, surrounded by fields of grass and cows and horses, and bounded by two coastlines ... I'm a long term sufferer of ptsd coupled with anxieties and depression, the residue from my treatment during the first sixteen years on this planet, and, a user of eft, which has been enormously beneficial. I'm not educated, but I'm reasonably bright, (well, I've fooled a few in my time to believe that ... ), I've been a bit of a wordsmith in my life, having written loads of stories, poetry, two novels, and songs (nothing published). I've sung prefessionally, and can boast one of my mumblings being sent to sinatra.

I am delighted to now be officially retired cos I hated working. I have my own 160 yr old hovel which I am supposed to be tidying up but I really have no heart for it. The rooms I use are good enough for me, and occasionally I push a vacuum thingie around or wipe some dust away which sort of improves it a bit.

I haven't had a vistor in my house since 2011 and that suits me just fine. I'm just about rich enough to buy what my house needs so my kitchen is stocked with good knives and a few lectric gadgets, nothing fancy tho, I don't need em.

I'm an enthusiastic frresh food eater, making lots of salads, and spicy veggie dishes, but I do love fish and prawns. I make the occasional bread using wholemeal, white, spelt, and rye flours, and flapjacks, and a rich fruit cake coupla times a year. I'm not into deserts, or sickly sweet stuff, tho I do enjoy rich dark chocolate.

Is that enough ?? must be, surely ... oooh, and these days I sleep in the middle of the bed .... I'm so masterful ... :D

Sounds good to me. I'm 60 [if you ever find find where your years went let me know in case any of mine are there too]. Oddly since retiring I started writing too, again nothing published [well 2 stories on line but that's all] but I find it relaxing and I try to fill a gap in the market ie teenage sci fi [there was almost nothing for teenagers to read in my youth - books sort of went from Enid Blyton to War and Peace]. My cooking is "adequate" [although I do an excellent full english breakfast] - my wife is the real cook but we both love food and cooking [although I love motorcycles too]. Anyhow :welcome: from oop norf

Welcome to the Forum. :welcome: You have landed in a good place @ThatManViv, as we are a very friendly bunch here! Please feel free to join in any thread you like or start a new one. At the moment we need recipes for The CookingBites Recipe Challenge for which the chosen ingredient is spinach/chard or similar green leaves.:happy:

I'm a great fan of fish too and like you, I'm not particularly into desserts.

Sounds good to me. I'm 60 [if you ever find find where your years went let me know in case any of mine are there too]. Oddly since retiring I started writing too, again nothing published [well 2 stories on line but that's all] but I find it relaxing and I try to fill a gap in the market ie teenage sci fi [there was almost nothing for teenagers to read in my youth - books sort of went from Enid Blyton to War and Peace]. My cooking is "adequate" [although I do an excellent full english breakfast] - my wife is the real cook but we both love food and cooking [although I love motorcycles too]. Anyhow :welcome: from oop norf
awwww Thanks .. what a nice Welcome ... appreciated

Welcome to the Forum. :welcome: You have landed in a good place @ThatManViv, as we are a very friendly bunch here! Please feel free to join in any thread you like or start a new one. At the moment we need recipes for The CookingBites Recipe Challenge for which the chosen ingredient is spinach/chard or similar green leaves.:happy:

I'm a great fan of fish too and like you, I'm not particularly into desserts.

'ow doos, morning glory ... hmmm spinach eh .. a real favouorite of mine, and I do have a recipe I invented ...

Welcome. My youngest daughter would sympathize with you. She has been asked countless times if her parents wanted a boy. Her name is Bobbi. No, her parents wanted a Bobby/Bobbi. Since we didn't know the gender until she was born, her baby stuff was all gender neutral.

I'm the baby here. I am only 51.

Welcome to the forum. I'm new here too and it is really friendly. I know someone with PTSD caused by being in a very tragic traffic accident so I sympathise.

'ow doos, morning glory ... hmmm spinach eh .. a real favouorite of mine, and I do have a recipe I invented ...

I would really like to see that recipe @ThatManViv. I'm a 'first time' judge on the recipe challenge and was beginning to think no-one likes spinach.

Welcome. My youngest daughter would sympathize with you. She has been asked countless times if her parents wanted a boy. Her name is Bobbi. No, her parents wanted a Bobby/Bobbi. Since we didn't know the gender until she was born, her baby stuff was all gender neutral.

I'm the baby here. I am only 51.

Hello Baaaaaby .... Whooohoooo .... :woot:

I would really like to see that recipe @ThatManViv. I'm a 'first time' judge on the recipe challenge and was beginning to think no-one likes spinach.

its difficult .. its sorta, handful of this, some of this, some of that, a dab of sommat, a shake of sommaat else ... and hey presto (or is it pesto ...)

its difficult .. its sorta, handful of this, some of this, some of that, a dab of sommat, a shake of sommaat else ... and hey presto (or is it pesto ...)

OK OK .... I'll try .. where does this recipe go in this Forum ... please ???

Welcome to the forum. I'm new here too and it is really friendly. I know someone with PTSD caused by being in a very tragic traffic accident so I sympathise.

Sympathies to them ... someone introduced me to a man called Gary Craig and EFT. Honestly, EFT removed about 95% of the crippling confining controls PTSD held me in. And tell them, EFT is free, therapists charge a lot of money, but there is no need to ever pay a dime. Just tell them ... DO IT .......

Back
Top Bottom