Hello, I'm a man with a girls name ... :)

@ThatManViv , the first thing you need to do is post the Recipe. When posting a recipe look at all the categories listed on the left of screen and decide where it fits best. Being a spinach recipe I would suggest Vegetables, Salads and Mushrooms. Simply start a new thread and use the prefix Recipe. See here how to do that:
Using the prefix "Recipe".

Then just start typing in your recipe (I like to add an introduction to my recipes to give them a bit of context), but you don't have to. Upload and add images if you have any. Then tag the recipe with 'cookingbites recipe challenge'. To see how to add tags see here: Everything you need to know about "Tags".

Then post! This is the straightforward part of entering the Challenge. The next part confuses a lot of people and is a bit fiddly. You need to link the recipe in the
The CookingBites Recipe Challenge thread. How to do this is explained in the thread starter. Just click here. Don't worry if you can't figure it out straight away. The main thing is to post your recipe and tag it. Then everyone knows its a challenge entry.

Hope this helps! And just shout if you don't understand anything. :)

Last edited:
And what's wrong with your name? I always admired Sir Vivian Fuchs, and I bet no one told him he had a girl's name either :roflmao: Anyway, I've got a boy's name (spelling slightly adjusted), and one of my granddaughters has got two boy's names (hospital told my daughter and son-in-law they were expecting a boy :(). I have always been interested in trains, cars and motorbikes, am an avid motorsport fan, and love NASCAR. I share my little hovel with a greyhound and three cats. I don't get many visitors because most of my family live too far away just to drop in for a cuppa and most of my old friends have either passed or have emigrated :wink: I love food, I love cooking and baking, and I am an absolute [dark] chocoholic :welcome:

Sympathies to them ... someone introduced me to a man called Gary Craig and EFT. Honestly, EFT removed about 95% of the crippling confining controls PTSD held me in. And tell them, EFT is free, therapists charge a lot of money, but there is no need to ever pay a dime. Just tell them ... DO IT .......
OK - I will pass on what you say. Thank you.

I joke really about my name, because many a time someone has said to me,hey, you got a girls name.... but there's no frocks in my closet ...

sooooo, I'm a white englishman, 68 years young (where did those years go, eh), living in the south west of england, surrounded by fields of grass and cows and horses, and bounded by two coastlines ... I'm a long term sufferer of ptsd coupled with anxieties and depression, the residue from my treatment during the first sixteen years on this planet, and, a user of eft, which has been enormously beneficial. I'm not educated, but I'm reasonably bright, (well, I've fooled a few in my time to believe that ... ), I've been a bit of a wordsmith in my life, having written loads of stories, poetry, two novels, and songs (nothing published). I've sung prefessionally, and can boast one of my mumblings being sent to sinatra.

I am delighted to now be officially retired cos I hated working. I have my own 160 yr old hovel which I am supposed to be tidying up but I really have no heart for it. The rooms I use are good enough for me, and occasionally I push a vacuum thingie around or wipe some dust away which sort of improves it a bit.

I haven't had a vistor in my house since 2011 and that suits me just fine. I'm just about rich enough to buy what my house needs so my kitchen is stocked with good knives and a few lectric gadgets, nothing fancy tho, I don't need em.

I'm an enthusiastic frresh food eater, making lots of salads, and spicy veggie dishes, but I do love fish and prawns. I make the occasional bread using wholemeal, white, spelt, and rye flours, and flapjacks, and a rich fruit cake coupla times a year. I'm not into deserts, or sickly sweet stuff, tho I do enjoy rich dark chocolate.

Is that enough ?? must be, surely ... oooh, and these days I sleep in the middle of the bed .... I'm so masterful ... :D

Welcome to the board, buddy! :wink:

So, Devon or Cornwall then? We have a friend down in ... thinks hard and can't remember... end of the motorway, keep going and going some more and some more and .... you get back to the southern coast... darn it, I'm going to have to look it up yet again... hand on...

Oh and whilst I am doing that - welcome. I forgot that bit, sorry... :welcome:

Knew it began with a P... Penzance... Only left the UK back in March. But I have memory related issues from lack of sleep amongst other things (like morphine use...)....

Anyhow - welcome and feel free to jump straight it. If you are not sure you are posting something in the correct forum, don't worry about it. just create the new thread, and then use the report button to the right of the time and date of the post/thread (which is below on the left hand side) and just ask that we check it is in the correct location. the report button can be used for anything, not just bad things!

So jump in at the deep end and get going! (If you haven't already.... I'm a touch behind on life at the moment despite living in your 'future'!)

SNSSO
(Site Owner)

Back
Top Bottom