Hello ^-^ New here and from africa

I know I'm quite nosy myself lol, I'm try my best to follow the rules of internet so I don't like to give out to much information when it comes to where I lived now or in the past. So if you'll forgive me I have to say that I won't tell you which state but I will tell you it was one of the southern sates. Don't mind me though I know your not asking for anything to much I'm just overly cautious.
Can't blame you for that - the internet can be a weird place :eek: Any how let's have those recipes - sadly we can no longer travel much but it's nice to try new things :hungry:

@pinkcherrychef

Welcome to CookingBites.

Egypt, conjures up centuries of grandeur and intrigue, and the ancient times, cast a long shadow, since its founding by Alexander the Great in 332 B.C.

My husband and I were in Egypt, two decades ago and it has been quite memorable.

I am a grand fan of Egyptian cuisine as well .. A couple of my fave dishes are:

Babaghanuj = Aubergine or eggplant with Tahine ..
Camouniat Samak = Sea bass with fresh lemon, garlic and Egyptian Onions ..

What I do recall most was the fish and shellfish in a small fishing village called Abukir, just 18 kilometres from Alexandria ..

The name of the Restaurant was Zephyrion and its Greek name, comes from the then owner, Periclis Tsparis .. I have no idea if the open air café is still there ..

Have a Healthy, Successful and Happy New Year ahead ..
I absolutely love this Babaghanuj = Aubergine or eggplant with Tahine .. It taste so very good. That little cafe sounds nice

Back
Top Bottom