Help me understand the Vegan way of life

It's interesting you should mention the trade off of no medical bills and good health. It was actually one of my doctors who brought the subject up recently when referring to treating inflammatory issues. I had been curious about the lifestyle before but when he brought it home as it related to my health and my family's health I paid a little more attention.

I must confess I am having a hard start and need to go shopping. When next I am here I want to say I have actually tried something. Someone suggested you start gradually.

I have been vegan now for 2 1/2 years, and I can tell you now, for me at least, it's very easy and simple, I do not miss meat, I will never eat it again, the only thing I'd consider eating ever again is eggs if I ever had chickens. But even then, I'm not really to bothered, you can eat so much stuff as a vegan. Try and think of it in terms of things you can eat instead of relegation out the things you don't want to eat... So for me it would be something like this...
Bananas, mangoes, pineapples, bread, pasta, pulses, beans, tomatoes, squashes, rice, lentils, veggies soups, veggie burgers, vegan pizza, vegan cheese, fake meats, cereal, soy/almond/hazelnut/hemp, chocolate, crisps, chips, vegan cookies, veggies, barley..... The list goes on and on and on hahaha!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have only known 1 vegan and to be honest he always looked ill, pale, gaunt, he couldn't lift much,he had a physical job which he struggled with due to being so weak. He considered himself to be far superior to everyone else because he was vegan, funny thing is, he was regularly off sick so a 'healthy' diet didn't do him much good.
I probably do know other vegans but they are most likely nice people who aren't up themselves or condescending.

Back
Top Bottom