• 3 tblsp Honey
  • Juice and zest of a lime
  • 1 tblsp Olive oil
  • 2 tsp Pureed garlic
  • ½ tsp Chili powder
  • ½ tsp Salt
  • 16 Large prawns, peeled and deveined.
Method

Mix the honey, lime zest and juice, olive oil, garlic, chili powder and salt in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 - 6 minutes. Allow to cool slightly then dip each prawn in the liquid ensuring it is fully coated. Skewer the prawns and grill for 2 minutes each side.

honey-lime prawns 1 s.jpg

Morning Glory,

Definitely a grand fan of sublime progressive conceptual classic Thai Cuisine ..

From what I have seen, Food Designer Yorky, surely is extraordinarily artistic.

Have a wonderful evening .. 23.25 !!

Morning Glory,

Definitely a grand fan of sublime progressive conceptual classic Thai Cuisine ..

From what I have seen, Food Designer Yorky, surely is extraordinarily artistic.

Have a wonderful evening .. 23.25 !!

Well I don't think @Yorky would describe himself as a food designer (what is a food designer?) but there is no doubt that he can certainly cook up an excellent plate of Thai style food.

Gorgeous. Are you sure you didn't use lemons (which would qualify you for the latest cooking contest)? :whistling:

I entered it. The challenge has been amended slightly to include limes for us poor folk who can't obtain lemons easily.

Morning Glory.

Good morning.

FOOD DESIGN (ER): To explain what is a food designer or food design, as briefly as possible ..

This is a culinary discipline which has emerged from Architectural & Structural Architecural Designers, Industrial & Interior Designers and Painters. It references the product and the innovation in the product´s application by the Chef or Culinary Artist in gastronomy and in the final presentation of the art of plating up.

If you look at the International Michelin Star Chefs´ Works via tv or magazines or websites, one shall be able to see, that heavier food products are placed at the bottom of a dish verses the top for clear reasons. A heavier ítem shall cause the construction of a tower or a layer to fall.

This by no means, is a thorough explanation however, it is a basic explanation to your question ..

Have a lovely day.

Morning Glory.

Good morning.

FOOD DESIGN (ER): To explain what is a food designer or food design, as briefly as possible ..

This is a culinary discipline which has emerged from Architectural & Structural Architecural Designers, Industrial & Interior Designers and Painters. It references the product and the innovation in the product´s application by the Chef or Culinary Artist in gastronomy and in the final presentation of the art of plating up.

If you look at the International Michelin Star Chefs´ Works via tv or magazines or websites, one shall be able to see, that heavier food products are placed at the bottom of a dish verses the top for clear reasons. A heavier ítem shall cause the construction of a tower or a layer to fall.

This by no means, is a thorough explanation however, it is a basic explanation to your question ..

Have a lovely day.

I know them 'food stylists' rather than food designers. I just wasn't sure that is what you meant.
how-become-food-stylist

I'm only an ex RTP (Rufty Tufty Pipeliner). I know nothing of such things.

I know them 'food stylists' rather than food designers. I just wasn't sure that is what you meant.
how-become-food-stylist

Morning Glory,

A food stylist usually collaborates with a Photographer and a Chef to créate art of plating presentations for a photo shoot.

Though many of these job titles are so inter changeable ..

A food designer in many Chef Circles is a XXI Chef !!

Back
Top Bottom