Recipe Honey and lime glazed prawn kebabs

Morning Glory,

Names of Professions can run the gamut of a wide variety of names in different countries.

1 ) A Food Stylist: Usually Works with a Photographer & Chef when doing a photo shoot .. However, a Chef and a Photographer may do the final plating of a dish for photographic purposes ..

2) A Food Designer: This can be a person who is employed by a Food Corporation, in which they do the testing on a wide variety of projects or actually design a product and demonstrate its uses in Test Kitchens.

For example, Ferràn Adria is a Food Designer ..

Though it has been used colloquially, to describe a Chef or Culinary Artist with the insights and abilities for the art of plate dressage .. or art of plating.

Have a marvelous day and weekend.

Ferràn Adria is a Food Designer ..
As far as I'm concerned he is a ground breaking innovative Chef. This could be a language difference. I've not heard the term food designer used in the UK. Plating food means 'how it is arranged on the plate'. I think this must be a language difference.

As far as I'm concerned he is a ground breaking innovative Chef. This could be a language difference. I've not heard the term food designer used in the UK. Plating food means 'how it is arranged on the plate'. I think this must be a language difference.

@morning glory,

Yes, the use of vocabulary varies from place to place ..

The Term "Food Designer" as I mentioned is a Chef by training who takes a step forward into experimenting and "creating", innovating and designing new foods from a historical local product or a new imported product, normally experimenting with a wide variety of récipes in a Kitch Test Lab ..

The art of plating or dressage of a presentation that shall be presented to the client, is the final steps to deliverance to the client / diner / customer .. The impacting of the visual is the key to the success of a Chef and the Restaurant & The Team ..

Have a wonderful day.

Back
Top Bottom