Recipe Honey Roasted Bacon Wrapped Pork

Discussion in 'Meat and Poultry' started by Yorky, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Yorky

Yorky Uncomfortably numb

Ingredients
    porksteak-4.jpg

Method

1. Cut the pork into two portions, each about 120 mm x 50 mm x 50 mm. Season with salt and pepper. Heat the oil and fry the pork until brown on all sides. Keep aside.
    2. Lay out the bacon rashers side by side to the length of the pork joints (slight overlap). Roll the pork in the bacon.
    3. Preheat the oven to 200 degC. Place the wrapped pork on a griddle in a baking pan and brush coat generously with the honey.
    4. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes basting with the honey around every 5 minutes
    5. Turn the pork over and roast for a further 10 minutes basting similarly.
    6. Remove from the oven and allow to stand.
    porksteak-5s.jpg

Shermie and morning glory like this.
  2. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

Lovely, @Yorky and so neatly executed. Did you cook this in the halogen oven?

Shermie likes this.
  3. Yorky

Yorky Uncomfortably numb

The one in the images above was roasted in the gas oven before we bought the halogen. The ones that I've cooked since have been roasted in the halogen oven.

morning glory likes this.
  4. morning glory

I added Recipe challenge tag. Assuming it is an entry? If not you can remove.

5. Yorky

Yorky Uncomfortably numb

6. morning glory

How do you cut it so neatly? Whenever I cook bacon wrapped things the bacon sort of tears or half falls off.

7. Yorky

Yorky Uncomfortably numb

Pure luck!

8. morning glory

I presume a very sharp knife.

9. Yorky

Yorky Uncomfortably numb

The chef's knife from my block which I can assure you is much sharper than I.

morning glory likes this.